Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Hello October!

 
I can hardly believe that we've just said goodbye to September and have entered October!
 
Last week I looked across the yard at my trees and thought, "soon they'll be changing and begin dropping their leaves," and yesterday, much to my dismay, I looked out and the lawn was littered with leaves and one tree at the property line is already bare!  I guess "soon" came earlier than I was thinking it should.  ;)
 
 
 

 
I've been perusing Pinterest for Autumn/Fall decorating ideas.  I'd like to do a burlap banner of some sort to string across my mantel - I'm thinking I'd like it to say either GRATEFUL or THANKFUL.
 
I love the look of this one with the pinecones, but my mantel is dark and I think they would blend in.
 
 
  This one has a small banner but I fell in love with the white pumpkins! 
 
 
 
I love, love, love, this one with the dots and I like this shape versus the upside down triangle shape pictured with the pinecone banner above.
 
 
 
 I've never attempted a banner like this but it looks pretty forgiving.  :)
 
 
Autumn is my favorite month to decorate for and I usually start in mid September and keep it up through Thanksgiving.  Pinterest sure had lots of Autumn eye candy to look at.  Consider that your warning.  ;) 
 
More inspiration {HERE}
 
 
Have a wonderful day - We have a shorter day of lessons before heading out to visit with friends, piano lessons, a stop at the library and a few small errands to run, like stopping at JoAnn's for supplies for my banner.  :)
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment