Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Be Still

 
Be Still My Soul ~ My memory hymn for the month of November.  The Lord keeps bringing me to this; Be still, my soul.  At our church we sing the following three verses so these will be the ones I will use for memory work.
 
 
Be Still, My Soul
 
Be still, my soul: the Lord is on thy side;
Bear patiently the cross of grief or pain;
Leave to thy God to order and provide;
In every change He faithful will remain.
Be still, my soul; thy best, thy heav'nly friend
Thro' thorny ways leads to a joyful end.
 
Be still, my soul: thy God doth undertake
To guide the future as He has the past.
Thy hope, thy confidence let nothing shake;
All now mysterious shall be bright at last.
Be Still, my soul: the waves and winds still know
His voice who ruled them while He dwelt below.
 
Be still, my soul: the hour is hast'ning on
When we shall be forever with the Lord,
When disappointment, grief, and fear are gone,
Sorrow forgot, love's purest joys restored.
Be still, my soul: when change and tears are past,
All safe and blessed we shall meet at last.

5 comments:

  1. Once again I am blessed by being here, Theresa. I am always learning something (or reviewing something that I knew but need to be reminded of) when I stop in.

    Why has it never occurred to me to memorize a hymn a month before? I love this idea! And Be Still My Soul is such a beautiful hymn...both in melody and in lyrics.

    Have a wonderful day, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you were blessed, Dianna. <3 We have a memory hymn each month at church but I like to do my own. I print it out and keep one copy in my prayer notebook and then also on the wall by my mirror in the bathroom. When I dry my hair I can sing and no one but the Lord hears me. :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favorite hymns. This is my life verse Theresa...thank you so much for encouraging us to be still and allow Our Lord to be who He is!

    ReplyDelete