I am hearing... the pretty music from my blog. Can you hear it too? It disappeared months ago and all of a sudden started working again.
I am thinking ... about this quote from Augustine:
“Thou hast made us for thyself, O Lord,
and our hearts are restless until they find their rest in thee..”
I am thankful for ...
- a visit with a older older (to me) friend this last weekend. She is such an encouragement to me and I'm thankful for our time together.
- I'm thankful that we are able to be back at church again! Being out with sickness and injuries made me feel so isolated and I didn't realize how much I missed everyone until we were back after almost a month out.
- Seeing the smile on Andrew's face this morning when he turned in the hymnal to Trust and Obey and whispered to me that we should sing that song next and then when the leader announced that this was the next hymn, Andrew's face lit up in such delight. He sang heartily and without the hymal as he knows most of it my memory.
- For a quick recovery from a herniated disc! Praise God!
In the kitchen... Although Spring is still a couple of months away, my kitchen needs a major spring cleaning! I, however, am not going to attempt it yet. Either it will have to wait or I might see if a few girls from a family close by would be willing to come help me.
I am wearing... my jammies, a robe and 2 pairs of socks. My tosies are cold!!
I am creating... A knitted mustard yellow infinity scarf for my sister in law. I'm working on it a little each night. I also need to make a newborn girls hat for a new baby at church.
I am going... to learn how to REST in the Lord when I feel stressed rather than keeping it all in.
I am praying for ...
- strength in my body and continued improvement with my back
- for peace in my spirit and a joyful countenance.
I am reading... We are starting Wisdom and the Millers, a chapter a day during our family worship time and all of the boys have started a new book as well. I am reading Sheep and Shepherds.
I am hoping... get back to healthier eating this week. While I was recovering from my herniated disc, I wasn't able to juice or do much work in the kitchen. My body is craving some yummy fresh raw fruits and veggies again.
I am looking forward to... Our week of schooling, and a visit with a friend mid week.
Around the house... I'm going to organize my bookshelf this week and hope to start an inventory list of the books I have so that I can keep a check out list for books I've borrowed out, I got this idea from my friend Wendy (Faith's Firm Foundation) this week when I visited her home.
One of my favorite things... coffee! I have such a hard time giving this up! I was doing good but then hurt my back and wanted some ooey warm comfort. I am drinking decaf though because I think the regular might be behind my headaches. My boys know just how much cream to put in and are so sweet to bring me a cup now and then.
A few plans for the rest of the week: Working on organizing a little. I am starting back up with a swimming class and am looking forward to getting back into the pool for exercise.
A few pictures I'm sharing..
Andrew reading from his Pathway reader.
A recent hat that I crocheted for my sister to use when she photographs newborn boys. I also made up two more of these hats for to new baby's at church. Lisa, incase your reading and thinking I lied, I TOTALLY forgot that I made them and found them in "my corner" piled under other projects, so I guess I DO have gifts! :)
These two little hats were an order from a gal who just had twins. My sister will be photographing the babies in their new hats so maybe I can share a better picture than my baby doll soon. :)