Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Daybook

For Today
Tuesday, October 14, 2014
 
 

Outside my window... the sun has risen but it is somewhat overcast.  There is a breeze, strong at times, rustling the leaves.

 I am hearing... the hum of the fish tank and a car traveling down the gravel road.

 I am thinking... the sign of the covenant and Abraham’s name change in Genesis 17 and the truths of it in my own life.
 
I am thankful... for the amazing sunset last night.  A big bright, perfect orange circle.  I pulled over on my drive home to watch the sun set and praised God the rest of the way home for the beauty He placed all around me.
 

I a wearing... my jammies.  Can you tell I write my posts in the early morning?  J
 

I am creating... I gave up on the slipper pattern from last week… at least for now.  I was having trouble following the pattern and will take a look at it another time.  I’ve been working on my Autumn Sunburst afghan.

   I am going... to begin shopping for clothes for two of my boys that have switched sizes and need new clothes for winter.
 
I am wondering...  what colors to coordinate for our family pictures.

 I am reading... through the Bible with my Good Morning Girls group.  I read Genesis 17 this morning.  I am also reading an old book by Ruth Bell Graham.  In it she shares some experiences from her life.  Short little thoughts, perfect for reading a few before bedtime.  I’m also reading The Tanglewoods’ Secret aloud to the boys.

I am hoping (trusting God)... for the salvation of some very precious loved ones and for my older children to be led by God in all areas of their lives.
 
In the learning room...  As mentioned above we are reading the Tanglewoods’ Secret.  We are a bit behind.  Andrew is reading the Little House on the Prairie series and also Christian Liberty Nature Readers.  We are finishing up our last week on Ancient Egypt.  Yesterday Andrew had to draw his name in hieroglyphics.  We are reviewing 2 Timothy 3:16-17 and the OT books of the Bible once a week now and have moved on to memorizing the Ten Commandments.

 Around the house... the basement is in various stages of getting cleaned.  It is un-used for the most part and so it because a huge catch-all.   

 In the kitchen... the kids are pretty sure we are in a famine since I’ve been trying to use up everything we have in our cupboards and freezer.  It’s amazing how many odds and ends meals I’ve been able to throw together and saved grocery money last week by not shopping for more.  J

I am learning… to let go and let God.  It is best to be taught by Him.

 A favorite quote...  in the book by Ruth Bell Graham she tells the story of a young man who went to a delightfully sane bishop to confess he had lost his faith.  The bishop’s reply was interesting.

“Nonesense!  You’ve lost your parents’ faith.  Now go out and get one off your own.”   

 A few plans for this week:  piano lessons, errands, library trip.  We will be picking up my husband’s new semi and stopping on the way home to pick up my niece who will be coming to stay with us for a couple of days.  We also plan to visit Nelson’s Farm.

 A peek into one of my days...
 
 
The sunset on the way home - honestly the picture doesn't even come close to it!  I was using my phone camera. 
 
 
I wasn't the only one who noticed the beauty of it.  My 15 year old captured this picture on his iPod.  The Sun had slipped below the horizon but the light was still AMAZING!
 
 
 
Visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's blog to read daybook entries from this week.
 
 

 

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Me too, Lisa! Have a wonderful week sweet friend. I'm enjoying a new tea this week thanks to your lovely hospitality last week. ;)

      Delete