Monday, September 15, 2014

Daybook for September 15th

For Today
September 15th, 2014

 

Outside my window... a cloudy, drizzly morning.
 
I am thinking... about habit training.

 I am thankful... for sleep and my husband.  I went to bed at 6pm last night, woke up at 10pm for a glass of water and went back to bed until 5 am this morning. 

 I am wearing... my jammies and robe yet.  J

 I am creating… a new throw for my living room using a sunburst granny square pattern. 

 
{I chose colors to match the throw pillows}
 

 
{Progress so far... crocheting strips of seven together lengthwise}

 
I am going...  to enjoy a quiet afternoon of study away from home this afternoon while my husband is home with the boys. 

I am wondering... if I should have a 3rd cup of coffee.  Probably not.  :)

I am reading... through the Bible with my Good Morning Girls group.  We started 1 Peter today.  I am also reading a short book called, 10 People Every Christian Should Know.  I got it free last week on my iPad through my Kindle app.

I am hoping... for a long and beautiful autumn.  It is my favorite season!  I’ve already decorated the house!
 

In the learning room… We will begin week 5 of CTG (Creation to the Greeks from My Father’s World) this week.   Christopher and I are using a lot of brain power diagramming sentences - it sure was easier when it was just the subject and predicate.  Oddly enough I find it thrilling to put everything in its place.  Must be my Type A personality or OCD.  :)
 

 

Around the house... I’m trying not to look around, lol.  Remember that habit training I talked about and my early evening of sleep?  Let’s just say this mama woke to a house full of “stuff” that needs to be put away! 

In the kitchen... dishes need to be emptied and breakfast made.  Supper will go in the crockpot later this morning, meatballs in gravy sauce with your choice of baked potatoes or butternut squash (or both) and green beans.  Mmm

I am pondering... new creations and all that He taught us over this summer.
 






 
 

 A favorite quote for today...  "The Greatest Freedom we have is the freedom to come right to God at any time."  Ann Voskamp  What a privilege to have relationship with the Living God!

 
One of my favorite things... fall/harvest smelling candles.

 

 
A few plans for this week: a study day at Dunn Brothers, a harvest birthday tea at a friend’s home.  Piano lessons, library trip and women’s Bible study night at our church – the topic… helping your leader lead.  Hubby is home Monday and Tuesday this week to do some work on the house so our homeschool days are lighter so that the boys can help daddy.

 A peek into one of my days... 
 
 
 This post is linked at The Simple Woman's Blog.
 
 

9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so enjoyed your Daybook entry! Really! Your throw is lovely! I love the colors you've picked; it's as if they were intentionally picked to remind you of the bright colors of summer during the winter season :)

    The books of Peter are my absolute favorites; especially 1 Peter 2.

    I am so curious, where did you get the caterpillars? I would love to do something like this with my kids for science :)


    Hopping over from The Simple Woman's Day Book!
    http://livingonborroweddays.com/2014/09/15/the-simple-womans-daybook-september-14th/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Claudia, we got the caterpillars from milkweed at the back of our property. Here in Minnesota the end of July through Sept. are Monarch season. :) We've had them in all stages from egg to butterfly. It has been a lot of fun. We didn't always have a favorable outcome but we've learned a lot. Thank you so much for visiting and commenting!

      Delete
  3. Your throw is so pretty, Theresa. I love the colors. And it is always nice to meet another one who crochets! :)

    Learning at your home sounds like a lot of fun! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your visit and kind comments, Dianna! I haven't had as much time to work on the afghan as I would like but every time I look at it, it makes me smile. :) Have a blessed week!

      Delete
  4. Love all your butterfly and crysalis pictures! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you, Amy. I wish I had more time to devote to it. It was supposed to be a fall/autumn throw but by the time I complete it it'll near Christmas. :)

      Delete