Monday, September 29, 2014

Daybook for September 29th

For Today – Monday, September 29th, 2014

 


 
Outside my window it's dark and quiet.  There is a very cool breeze coming in from the open windows and I can still hear the sound of the crickets.  I love early mornings before my family is awake.

I am wearing my nightgown and robe.
 
I am thinking about how beautiful the body of Christ is when they come together to meet the needs of others. 
 
I am praising God for His love and provision to those in need.

 
I am in prayer for a family in need, a member of our church who needs a miracle & new kidney, our country, my family and my GMG - GLOW group.
 

I am thankful for a wonderful weekend with my sweetie. 

From the kitchen... I'm not planning to do any marketing this week except for a few household items (garbage bags, t-paper etc.).   I'd like to use what we have on hand in the freezer and pantry.  So I'll be getting creative with meals and snacks as I try to clear out these spaces to prepare for a new season.

 
I am creating... Nothing... all crochet work on the afghan has come to a halt.  There just hasn't been extra time or desire to work on it. 
 

I am going to be visiting with a friend this week :)
 

I am excited for my son Jonathan - he got a new truck this week.

 
I am hoping for the salvation of ones I love as I pray for them each by name everyday this week.

 
I am looking forward to the month of October and Praying the Psalms with my online friend Candace.

 
In the learning room we missed a few days last week due to illness so we have a little catching up to do.  Andrew begins a new math program this week (Teaching Textbooks).  He's excited about it and I'm excited that he's excited about math.  :)   We are still studying Ancient Egypt in History.

About the house this week... I pulled out my Large Family Logistics book for some inspiration on home-keeping this afternoon.  I'm trying to find a new rhythm for my days in caring for my family and home.

 
I am pondering Ephesians 1:4 - "just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world..."   Think about that... before creation I was thought of and chosen.  There was a plan for my life from before the creation of the world.  <3  Wow!

 
I am reading...  The book of Genesis with my Good Morning Girls GLOW group and my children.  We just started yesterday so if you'd like to join us you still can!  We are reading one chapter a day.  I'm also reading a new book that I downloaded on my iPad called Praying Hyde

 
One of my favorite things cardigan sweaters  :) Perfect for crisp mornings and removable for warm Autumn afternoons.

 
A few plans for the rest of the week... piano lessons, Civil Air Patrol, library day, a visit with a friend, a service project and yard work.
 

A favorite quote for the day:


 
 A picture thought for today:  A yummy vegan caramel sauce.  Perfect for the abundance of apples this time of the year.  Recipe on the blog tomorrow.


 
This daybook post is linked at The Simple Woman's Blog. 


 

7 comments:

  1. Theresa, I wish I could put my arm around you and say, "Come on over, let's have a cup of tea and chat." Your Family Logistics sounds very interesting...I'd love a peak to see what it is all about.

    Praying Hyde is an amazing book! I learned so much by his example. It was one of the books the Lord used in my life to prepare me for our daughter's call to the mission field many many years ago.

    LOVE the quote! Your table runner is so pretty...and I'll look forward to your recipe for the vegan caramel sauce!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dianna, tea and a chat would be lovely! Maybe a heavenly date in the future? :) Large Family Logistics is a great book unfortunately it is temporarily out of print and only available from 3rd party sellers. I do hope it will go back into print though because it makes a lovely shower gift for new brides.

      I've been reading Praying Hyde before bed but I think I need to set aside some time during the day when I am more fully awake and able to better retain. I love books that offer a glimpse into the life and practices of powerful believers.

      If you make the vegan caramel sauce I'd love to hear your thoughts.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing a bit of your day Theresa... Have a blessed day my friend :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That carmel sauce looks delish! Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Paula! I hope you'll come back for the recipe tomorrow.

      Delete
  4. I loved reading your day book. Your life sounds SO much like mine about 5 years ago . CAP is a great program if you have good leaders. And I think you will both love TTB math. It was a life saver for me ! Just a reminder that everything is a season , even the hard and the hectic. :-) Have a blessed week !

    ReplyDelete