Saturday, September 27, 2014

Weekend Wrap



 
Happy Saturday afternoon to you!  I am enjoying a quiet afternoon home ALONE!  My husband took the two youngest boys to a new coffee house and youth center grand opening and my oldest son is out vehicle shopping.  I've got George Winston's Autumn cd playing and can hear the tractor in field through the open windows.  Ahhh.  Such a beautiful afternoon. 
 
I started reading a new book, Praying Hyde, a download on my iPad but now I wish I would have bought a print copy.  My eagerness and impatience won out and I clicked the "buy with 1 click" option so that I could start reading immediately.  :o)
 
I've been searching for educational games to download to my iPad for Andrew to play on Fun Friday's in our homeschool.  I found two geography games, Stack the States and Stack the Countries.  Although not free they were pretty cheap.   We have enough math related games but I'm still looking for a grammar game so if you know of one please share in the comment section.  Our My Father's World curriculum has a very light schedule on Friday's and so I usually incorporate any Friday work into Thursday.  This way we can have either a day off if daddy is home or use it for field trips or educational games.
 
Today my beautiful niece and goddaughter is celebrating her 7th birthday!  Happy Birthday sweet girl!  You are so precious to me. 

 
 
I will be starting week 5 of the Good Morning Girls Read Through the Bible plan.  I am really enjoying the pace of just 1 chapter a day and then journaling.  If you'd like to join in, visit Women Living Well for info. and resources.  We'll be starting the book of Genesis tomorrow.  You can also visit the Good Morning Girls Facebook page.
 
Have a lovely weekend, friends.   May the grace and peace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.
 

2 comments:

  1. Hello Theresa :) How wonderful that you are enjoying a time of quiet as everyone is doing their own thing ;D... I am trying to stay away from the 'buy with 1 click' at Amazon. The temptation is just too much for me. So I have turned off my tablet and put it away. Today, I visited the town library and brought home two bags full of books... the feel of a book is just so much better. Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maria, I completely agree! Although I love to read from the iPad in bed to not disturb Scott by having a light on, I much prefer a real book. Wishing you a wonderful weekend as well. <3

      Delete