Monday, September 22, 2014

Daybook


For Today – Monday, September 22nd, 2014

 


 
Outside my window everything is quiet and still at this hour.

I am wearing a long flared jean skirt, a white camisole with a mint and white pinstriped knit cardigan.

  
I am thinking that mornings wouldn't be as lovely without coffee with cream.  Mmm

 
I am praising God for His love and care for each individual in my family.

 
I am in prayer for my dear friend and her family as they remember and celebrate the life of her grandpa today and lay his body to rest.
 

I am thankful for His mercy towards me – this last week I’ve felt so overwhelmed with the thought of my past sin and His unfailing love towards me, that He would set His love upon me.  Oh the thought! 

From the kitchen... nothing exciting planned.  :)

 
I am creating a sunburst throw for my couch… I haven’t made much progress in the last week.  *blush*
 

I am going to see my best friend if even for just a moment today while she is in Minnesota for her grandfather's funeral.  <3
 

I am excited that get to stop at a few thrift stores this week while in the cities.

 
I am hoping (trusting) for the salvation of ones I love.

 
I am looking forward to my favorite season and the Making Your Home a Haven challenge at Women Living Well coming up in October.  I’ve been following along now for a few years now.

 
In the learning room we are still learning about Ancient Egypt.  Andrew is enjoying learning about the mummies and pyramids.  Piano lessons have commenced and there is much practicing.  I hope the momentum continues all year long.  :)  Christopher and I will be reading Mere Christianity together.  We've misplaced the teaching textbooks cd-rom for Christopher... it has been missing for a week now! 

About the house this week there is still quite a bit of dust settling from last week’s remodeling project.  We cut out the wall of our second floor bedroom and framed in a new wall with new windows.  The house needs a good dusting (again). 

 
I am pondering how to be a mom to adult children. 

 
I am reading...  I just finished the book of 1 John this morning with my Good Morning Girls GLOW group.  We’ll start 2 John tomorrow.  I am also reading neat book that I found at the thrift store by Ruth Sunder called Secrets from Ordinary Places.

 
One of my favorite things sunny but crisp fall days! 

 
A few plans for the rest of the week Christopher has a busy week which means I have a busy week of driving him to Civil Air Patrol, Cyber Patriots and piano.  I'm not complaining though because I'll get to spend some quiet reading/study time at Dunn Brother's while I wait for him.  :-)
 

A favorite quote for the day:

 

A picture thought for today:

 {Hello outside!}
 

 

2 comments:

  1. Theresa, first I want to apologize to you. For some reason I thought I had already put your blog in my places I love to visit blog roll. I had a bit of extra time this morning and checked it out. It is there now! I am sorry that I hadn't added it before this...apparently I forgot to click the "save" feature before. Thank you for continuing to faithfully stop by and leave me words of encouragement. You are a blessing!

    I like your "I am pondering"...being a mom to adult children isn't as hard as I had once thought. Our kids always need us...just in different ways. The Holy Spirit gives discernment for those times when we would like to speak out and what our kids need is for us to be quiet. I struggle there sometimes, but as I've spent more time praying about it, there isn't as much struggle.

    Hugs to you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries, Dianna. I am trying to be more consistent with blogging but the daybook seems to be the only post I get to. :)

    Thank you for your wisdom on parenting adult children Our daughter has been out of the home for over 2 years but our son (just 19) still lives at home and is working fulltime.

    ReplyDelete