Monday, April 2, 2012

Daybook for April 2nd



Outside my window... It is just now after seven pm and is a little cloudy out. It looks like it could rain.

I am hearing... the birds through my open bedroom window. They are quite vocal. I love the quiet rhythm of the mourning dove.

I am thinking... about how very much I can take for granted Salvation and how Jesus willing laid down his life for me.

I am thankful for... my chiropractor. Tuesday of last week I had a small relapse with my back but then on Saturday after just bending to look behind a desk, pain ripped up my back. I've been in pain since. We had a big birthday bash at a hotel for our daughter this weekend and thankfully my family was so helpful in carrying everything in and setting everything up. I woke up this morning and couldn't even stand without doing it in small stages. I started to get a bit fearful because I remember how very hard life was a year and a half ago when I depended on my kids to help me with everything, even getting in and out bed and chairs and how draining physically, mentally and spiritually it was to be in constant pain but then I reminded myself about how faithful God was to bring me through all of it and I know he will do it again. While that was a definite valley in my life I wouldn't trade everything I learned through it. I saw my chiropractor this afternoon and have another appointment tomorrow and will have to see how the rest of the week goes. There will be no exercising happening this week.

I am wearing... a yellow shirt and brown capri's.

From the kitchen... Samantha and I got groceries on the way home from our chiro. appointment today. Pretty simple meals this week.

I am going... to ice my back and go to bed early.

I am creating... rest and quiet this week. All outside activties have been cancelled and while we didn't do the cancelling, I am so thankful because I know this time at home will be needful for healing.

I am pondering... our Easter plans. Usually my parents have Easter dinner but they are not doing it this year. Scott will not be home and so it will just be the kids and I. We'll go to church in the morning but after that, I'm not sure what we'll do.

I am looking forward to... a women's event at church in two weeks.

From the learning rooms... We had the day off today because we were still at the hotel this morning and then had appointments this afternoon. We'll be back to work tomorrow and the rest of the week.

One of my favorite things... organizing! I've been working through my bookshelves and bins of clothes for the kids. I have lots to donate and that makes me happy!


I am praying... For healing and strength in my back and for my mom.

A picture thought I'm sharing.... Christopher and my nephew Tyler sitting with their feet in the hot tub this weekend. This was at the end of the evening after all the guests except my sisters family had gone. Tyler was not interested in swimming in the pool (too many people?) but after everyone was gone he and Christopher splashed their feet around for awhile. Andrew is in front of Tyler with a swimming ring, showing him how to drop it and then Andrew would get it.

March 2012 102

March 2012 103


Thank you to Peggy for hosting this meme each week. Make sure to stop by and visit with some of the other participants too. Have a lovely week.

No comments:

Post a Comment