Monday, April 16, 2012

Low Calorie Pizza Alternative

I love (love!) pizza and because I love it so much I wanted to find a healthier low calorie version. I had this yummy pizza for lunch with a side salad twice this week.

February 2012 053

Ingredients:

  • 1 Ezekiel sprouted grain tortilla - 150 calories
  • veggies of your choice
  • 1/3 cup dairy free cheese (we use a rice shreds and I mixed half mozzarella and half cheddar) - 70 calories
  • 2 tsp. of Vegenaise (non dairy dressing. We use the purple lid - grapeseed) - 60 calories

Directions: dice any veggies or toppings that you would like and set aside. I had mushrooms, black olives and orange peppers on this one. I usually do onion but was out this day. I also took 4 reduced fat pepperoni slices and sliced them into this strips and spread around. I think this was around 25 calories. I usually keep this a veggie pizza though.

Place tortilla on a pizza pan (I use one with air holes in it). Spread the vegenaise around the tortilla, add toppings and cheese. Bake at 350 for about 6 minutes. I really have to watch it though. Once the sides start to look brown and crusty take it out. Let it set on pan for a minute or two and then slice and enjoy.

~ * ~ * ~

Keeping the pepperoni off and depending on your veggies this pizza is under 300 calories. You could also keep the vegenaise off and sub for a pizza sauce. I just prefer the creamy taste. If you give this a try let me know what you think or any substitutions you made.

No comments:

Post a Comment