Thursday, April 5, 2012

Is Jesus Enough

A friend posted the video below on her blog yesterday. The video along with her blog post is just another resource that God has used over the last few weeks to speak to me about surrendering EVERYTHING to Him.

It all started when one of the elders at church challenged us to pray a prayer asking, no begging God to bring about His will in our life by whatever means necessary. That message really challenged me to go home and examine my life. I have struggled with fear since my sister was killed 9 years ago. I've withheld my family from God, thinking that if I don't surrender them, then they are off limits. Silly, I know because I really don't have any control over them and the result has been years of fear, mistrust and space between Jesus and I. I don't want this burden anymore. I want to be free from fear and I want the peace and rest that Jesus gives.

I remember people asking me how I was doing after Kimberly died, and my response was "I don't know how people go through something like this without Jesus. I have a choice to make, I either believe God and trust Him or I don't trust Him and thus deem His Word a lie." I really believed this statement in the beginning months but over the years, fear replaced what little faith I had until it paralyzed me. Unless you were close to me you probably wouldn't have known any of this. You wouldn't have seen the panic but it was there. I had no peace in my life and I became heavily burdened and tired.

Jesus said, "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." I want that rest. I want peace in my spirit and I want to trust you with my family. I confess that I have withheld them from you and mistrust you. Please forgive my sin of idolatry and give the strength of Your grace to daily surrender everything to You.


No comments:

Post a Comment