Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Salad Box

One of the best things I do for myself each week is to prepare my salad box. Having this salad box makes healthy eating so much easier and quicker. I can throw together a huge, healthy salad in less than 3 minutes. I can use chopped veggies for a pizza topping or in a pita pocket or tortilla.

March 2012 019

The ingredients aren't always the same either so there can be lots of variety. This week I have shredded carrots, red cabbage, zuchinni, red and orange peppers, mushrooms, onions and celery. Other great additions are grape tomatoes, beans (chick peas or black beans), corn, cucumber, black olives, broccoli and cauliflower.

Ideally I prep the veggies for the box as soon as I get home from the grocery store but since I do not have a set time for shopping each week this doesn't always work out; especially if I've shopped at night.

March 2012 020

Once prepped I put the covers on all my small containers. I have heard of others who leave the covers off but I prefer to have them on. I also store my dairy free cheese in the salad box along with my sprouted tortillas.

March 2012 021

Then on goes the cover and the box is then stored on the bottom shelf of my fridge.

March 2012 022

March 2012 023

I purchased my green salad box at either Walmart or Target... I can't remember which one anymore. Make sure to measure the fridge space before you purcahse a container or you might come home with a container that doesn't fit.

The salad box is a great tool for quick lunches and snacks too. Just open the lid and let the kids assemble their own salad or veggies to snack on. My Andrew goes for the peppers everytime!

Enjoy God's amazing healthy fast food in under 3 minutes from your salad box.

This post is linked to Tasty Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment