Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Brocolli and Grape Salad

1301325479 This delicious broccoli and grape salad from Hallelujah Acres is one of our favorite Spring/Summer or get together salads. I usually bring this salad to Thanksgiving and Christmas and all of my non vegan family eats it and raves about it. The reason I like to bring this salad to get togethers is because it is a vegan alternative to the ever popular broccoli and cauliflower salad with bacon and cheese that my mom makes. Its nice to know that I can eat a salad like this on occasion. This is not a salad that I would make every week for my family (too many calories and fat) but I think this last summer I made it about once a month and would have small servings with my lunch or dinner throughout the week.

You can click on the link above and it will take you to the salad recipe. The dressing is 3/4 cup Veganaise, 1 Tbsp. lemon juice and 1 Tbsp. natural sweetener. I used honey but have used raw agave nectar too.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment