Thursday, June 20, 2013

Thankful Thursday



"O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee,
my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is;"  Psalm 63:1

I had a rough start to my week.  The cares of this world seemed so overwhelming and I started to stress and have small panic attacks.  I longed for quiet and rest and wasn't finding it. 
 
I wasn't looking in the right place. 
 
I'm so thankful for the following:

  • Jesus is my rest and peace
  • He came that I might have life and have it abundantly.
  • God is faithful to bring us up out of the muck and mire when we call out to Him
  • That God placed this huge hole in my heart that can only be filled by Him
  • Because of that empty hole my spirit longs to filled
  • He satisfies my longing heart
  • The Lord saw fit to give me some amazing praying friends who have shared godly encouragement with me this week.
  • Spending the night and morning with my daughter
  • Being able to show love to my family by serving them
  • finding fulfillment in serving even when no one notices because my perspective and expectations have been changed
  • early mornings with Jesus
  • the antics of our kittens
  • sweet, soft kitten cuddles
  • sweet tea
  • a hardworking husband
  • that Scott was able to be home for almost an entire week!!
  • watching Andrew take pride in learning a new skill - lawn mowing.  He did an awesome job!
  • Christopher taking the initiative to do something for me simply because he knew it would bring me joy.
  • late night talks with my boys before bedtime.
  • Andrew blessing Christopher with a candy treat from the gas station with his own money and knowing that he couldn't have any of it but still wanting to bless him.
  • the smell of fresh baked dinner rolls to go with our creamy ham and potato soup for supper.

4 comments:

  1. Makes me want to make a *thankful* list, too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, you should! I think I'll make it a weekly post. We have so much to be grateful and praise God for. "Oh that men would praise the Lord for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men!" Psalm 107:15

      Delete
  2. It is always good keep this in the forefront of our minds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Maria it is. After the rough start to my week it felt so good to meditate on the wonderful things I had in my life to be thankful to the Lord for.

      Praying your recovery is going well.

      Delete