Sunday, June 23, 2013

Daybook

For today:  Sunday Evening, June 23rd, 2013

Outside my window... I can hear the lawn mower as Christopher mows the front yard.

I am hearing... Scott and Andrew playing Scrabble and the pitter patter of the kittens as they race after each other in the kitchen.

I am wearing... Capri's and a white t-shirt and am barefoot.

I am thankful for...
  • My dad who celebrated his 67th birthday yesterday
  • 9 days of having Scott home.  We loved our time with him and he worked hard on the house.
  • That two of our four kittens will be going to the same home together. 

In the kitchen...  I need to do my juicing in the morning and want to make a few salads for the week.  I've been taking extra time in setting the table up for meal times.  It has added a nice touch amid all the construction and hasn't gone unnoticed. 



I am creating... A small commitment book with the book of Colossians (in KJV) in it that I will be working on committing to memory over the next year.

I am going... to sleep very good tonight.  The last 3 nights have been very stormy and we've had Andrew sleeping on the floor of our room and were awakened multiple times a night because of the storm.

I am praying for ... My husbands shoulder.  It has been bothering him for over a year and with the work on the house these last 9 days it has been hurting pretty bad.  He has a separated shoulder.  :(

I am reading... Choosing Rest

I am hoping... enjoy a long hot bath and read a bit before bedtime.

I am looking forward to...  Bed.  :o) 

I am learning... Colossians 1:1-2 this week.

Around the house...   Lots of cleaning and dusting after the construction of the last week.  Since we wont be putting up the sheet rock for a couple of months I've taken the time to put back up my décor in the kitchen and living room. 

In the learning room...  Back to lessons 3 days this week.  This week we'll be doing Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday.

One of my favorite things...  Visiting the antique stores with my husband.  I found a courting candle holder and candle for $2 and a new lamp for $10.

A few plans for the rest of the week... A trip to the library, baseball, Bible study and lots of yard work!

A picture thought I'm sharing...

My aprons.  :o)



This post is linked to The Simple Woman's Daybook.

2 comments:

  1. You have a beautiful blog! I would love to hear more about the commitment book you are making for Colossians. I am also working on memorizing it. I found you through the Simple Woman's Daybook link up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your daybook ~ I like the aprons, too!

    ReplyDelete