Tuesday, June 4, 2013

A June Daybook



For today:  Tuesday, June 4th, 2013

Outside my window... a cool, cloudy day.

I am hearing...  the dryer.  Laundry day is in full swing.

I am thinking ...  About these verses from Psalm 73

Whom have I in heaven but You?
And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You.
My flesh and my heart fail;
But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

I am thankful for ...
  • cloudy days ~ as much as I would love to have the warmth of the sun, these cooler cloudy days are perfect for our family right now so that Andrew can still be outside without the worry of getting a bad burn. 
  • For my church family.  We are so blessed!
  • My new bike!  I've been biking with Andrew almost everyday.

In the kitchen... I have homemade chicken noodle soup simmering on the stove this morning.  Perfect for a cool a day. 

I am wearing... Capri's, a green t-shirt, socks and tennis shoes.

I  created...  a sheet to keep track of Andrew's medications, supplements and other treatment protocol.  I placed it in a plastic page protector sheet and taped it to the cupboard nearest the bin with all his meds.  I have a wipe off marker in the bin and mark things off as we've done them so that I can keep track of everything.  It is working very well.

I am going... to pick up Lizzy from the groomer after lunch.  Poor thing was shaking in fear when I dropped her off earlier this morning.  I hope she is being a good girl. 

I am praying for ... my best friend and her family as they begin a new season in their life, in a new state.   May the Lord bless them during this time of transition and give them wisdom and favor. 

I am reading... I'm still reading A Love that Multiplies by the Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar a little bit each night before bed.  I am reading through the book of 2 Samuel and Psalms in my Bible reading.

I am hoping...  that I can take a short nap this afternoon. 

I am looking forward to... an afternoon with a close friend and her children tomorrow and a breakfast meeting with my spiritual mama at the end of the week.

I am learning... (keeping this update from last week.  What an amazing truth!!)  No one can comfort like Jesus can.  Other people can only be flesh to flesh comfort but Jesus can reach in and touch my spirit, bring it comfort and peace.

Around the house... laundry, laundry, laundry today.  :) 

The kittens are 4 weeks old now and are ADORABLE!!!  I don't know how I'm going to rehome them.  when I go into the spare room and say "Good morning, babies" they all run to me.  So sweet!  I tried to take pictures of them this morning but they are so fast.  Here is a picture of Emily and Charlotte.  maybe I can get another picture when they are calmer.   Emily is not looking.  These two have the sweetest personalities.  They are very mild and love to be held. 



In the learning room...  I just got a new book for Andrew to read.  It is called Benjamin West and his Cat Grimalkin.  This is quite a big tackle for him and not one he could do on his own but we'll do it together while snuggling on the couch.

One of my favorite things...  cards and letters received from precious friends in the mail.  It is so nice to receive something other than bills or junk mail.  This afternoon I'm going to sit down and write a letter to the sweet little girl, Mariela, that we sponsor.  I found some cute stickers that I will send along with the letter and Andrew drew a picture for her too.

A few plans for the rest of the week:   Library day, an afternoon with friends, breakfast with a friend and Bible study here at my house.  I also would like to get my room deep cleaned and clean out my closet. 

A picture I'm sharing... working in my planner this morning.



This post is linked to The Simple Woman's Daybook.

1 comment:

  1. Did you take your nap? :) Your day sounds lovely Theresa... m.

    ReplyDelete