Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Worn and Weary

Flower-graphics-4You've heard the saying, "You learn somehting new everyday," haven't you?  Well yesterday I learned something new.  Did you know you can dislocate a rib?  I didn't... but I do now and it wasn't pleasant.  At first I felt the pain and wasn't sure what had happened but then remembered that a few minutes earlier I was acting silly and dancing with my son, Christopher and twisted my body funny.   I iced the area thinking that I pulled a muscle and then I tried to take a nap but after 30 minutes of pain and trouble breathing I knew I needed to go to the chiropractor.  Dr. Logan fixed me up and as he adjusted the area I felt it pop back in.  He told me I would be sore for a few days and I am.   Bending down to pick something up is hard and sleeping was very painful.  Thankfully I have a bed that I can adjust the head and foot and was able to find a position that worked.

Isn't our body amazing!  For those of you who knew about my torn meniscus in my left knee, I am happy to report that after 8 weeks, much prayer, 24 chiropractic physical therapy treatments and some natural therapy I am pain free and surgery is not in my future.  Yay!  Strength is returning and the only area that I notice I am a little weak in is walking up the stairs.

As I was reading my Bible yesterday morning I read this...
He left Judaea, and departed again into Galilee.
And he must needs go through Samaria.
Then cometh he to a city of Samaria, which is called Sychar, near to the parcel of ground that Jacob gave to his son Joseph.
Now Jacob's well was there. Jesus therefore, being wearied with his journey, sat thus on the well: and it was about the sixth hour.

Jesus was wearied with his journey!  Boy did that jump out at me because right now I have been feeling very overwhelmed and wearied.  Our Savior, God incarnate was confined to the limitations of a physical human body and was wearied.  When Jesus came to earth to take upon himself the curse of sin for us, He was subjected to physical infirmities in his body.  It was what I needed to read.  I needed to know that I am not alone and that He truly understands every little thing I am going through.

No comments:

Post a Comment