Sunday, August 25, 2013

Sunday

Whooie, it is hot!!!  I think the projected high for today and tomorrow is 97 with temps into the 90's all week!  I think I'll be spending most of my week indoors, which will work out perfectly since this week is dedicated to getting the house in order and final school preparations completed.

My desk is cleaned off and I sorted through the drawers and dusted everything.  I hung up the world map along with a map of persecuted countries so that we can remember to pray for our persecuted brothers and sisters this year.  I have a few papers to file and need to sort through a few files in my cabinet but my teacher corner is looking pretty good. 

249

Today, I am looking for some extra activities to go along with our 2 week study on the United States.  I found a few online geography games and art projects that we'll do.  I also spent the day making copies that we'll need for the first 6 weeks while studying North America.  Next on the list is to inter-library loan the books we'll need for our 2 week study on the United States & the desert.  These books go into what we call our book basket.  During our book basket time each day the kids spend 15 minutes reading/looking at any of the books from the basket.  I schedule book basket time for around 11:00 a.m. and I'm able to either do a quick chore, return a phone call or work on lunch prep. during that time.

 Well, my break is over.  Back to work!  :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment