Monday, October 1, 2012


Happy October, friends!  I love this month and although I start decorating for fall in September I think I enjoy this month the most.  I love the cool crisp evenings and the warm sun during the day, however today it is windy and overcast.  I can hear the wind chime on the deck and the leaves are swirling from the trees and blanketing the ground in color.

Outside my window...  It is overcast and windy.  There are some junco's feeding on some seed at the base of our big Evergreen tree in the front yard and I saw two squirrels gathering nuts earlier.  I enjoy watching them look for places to bury them.

I am listening to... an audio version of Across Five Aprils is playing in the background while Christopher listens and follows along in his book.

I am thinking... 

I am thankful... to be feeling better today. 

In the kitchen... pumpkin pie has been requested and will be attempted sometime this week.  Today we are having a light lunch and left overs for dinner.

I am wearing... Still in my comfy jammies.  :)

I am  are creating...  crocheted gifts.  When the weather turns cooler I love to crochet and knit.  Right now I am working on some crocheted gifts for friends.

I am going...  to the chiropractor today.  I've had a small relapse with my back and am temporarily back to twice weekly appointments.

I am wondering...

I am reading...  too many books at one time.  :) 

I am hoping...

I am looking forward to...  enjoying the Autumn season

From the Learning Room ...  Andrew and I are enjoying our Science study on birds.  We just watched this dvd and are making some birdfeeders to hang in different trees around the yard. 


 




Around the house...  A quiet Monday. 

A favorite Scripture for today...  "Be still and know that I am God..."  Psalm 46:10a

One of my favorite things...  Flannel sheets, hot creamy coffee and flickering harvest and or cider smelling candles.

A few plans for the rest of the week:  Chiropractor appointments, guitar lessons and a trip to the library.  I am hoping to have earlier bedtimes for myself this week too.  I've been so fatigued and tired.  Obviously my body is needing more rest, so I am going to try to not over-do it during the day and help my body recover.

A picture I am sharing....  How to keep a boy busy.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment