Monday, October 22, 2012

Daybook

FOR TODAY
 
 

Outside my window... it is cloudy and chilly this morning. 

I am hearing...  an audio book of Across Five Aprils and the windchime outside.

I am thinking ...  that I am not ready to be cold all the time.  :) 

I am thankful for ...
  • that the insomnia I had been experiencing over the last month is over and for almost a week of restful sleep.
  • For our new piano.  Thank you, mom.
  • A wonderful evening last Friday with friends at a ladies tea and gathering.
  • How much my husband loves me.  
  • Delicious smelling candles
In the kitchen... I made a delicious raw mexican 3 bean salad to eat throughout the week.  It can also be eaten heated and with rice.  Recipe coming tomorrow.  I am also going to pickle eggs.  I've never done this but Scott likes them so I thought I would give it a try.

I am wearing... a long jean skirt, a coral colored shirt and sweater, knee high socks and my crocks in the house.

I am creating... a list of deep cleaning chores to be done and breaking them up into weekly tasks. 

I am going... to enjoy the rest of my coffee and start spelling with Andrew

I am praying for ...   The up coming elections.

I am reading...  Loving God With All Your Mind by Elizabeth George.  It was the 2nd Christian book I bought after becoming a Christian.  I first read it in April of 1999. 

I am hoping... to get Andrew's birthday plans and menu planned by mid-week.  I'm thinking about a "game" theme.  Andrew's favorite game is Monopoly so I'd like to do something fun with that.

I am looking forward to... some time to crochet this afternoon.

I am learning... about Thomas Edison with the boys as we read aloud each day.  We've had some good discussions about character as we've read.

Around the house... Andrew is holding his cat and eating a snack, Christopher is reading the Bronze Bow on the couch and Jonathan is working on Science.

I am pondering...  Philippians 4:8 and learning to think of those things that are true (real).

A favorite quote for today...
 
“The all-victorious Christ is like a great rock in a weary land, to whose shelter we may flee in every time of sorrow or trial, finding quiet refuge and peace in him.”
―  J.R. Miller
 
One of my favorite things...  date nights with my sweetie.

A few plans for the rest of the week:  A trip to the vet's office, library and guitar lessons.  I also need to call and schedule to have our new piano tuned. 

A peek into my day...  Our new "baby"  * Chloe *

 
 
 
This post is linked at A Simple Woman's Daybook.


8 comments:

  1. I am so glad you've been able to sleep! That's so great. :) I'm not ready to be cold all the time yet either. Have a great afternoon!
    ~Nicole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment, Nicole. Yay for sleep! Have a wonderful afternoon too.

      Delete
  2. That is one of my favorite books! Love it and it is always great for a reread :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to get your bean salad recipe! Thanks for the sample on Sunday! It was delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you've been getting sleep this week, Mrs. Stimpert! Hope to see you tomorrow!?!? Your new "baby" is adorable. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Emily. I am glad I am sleeping better too. I hated feeling so fatigued like that. Thank you also for the comment on my "baby". :-) I love calico kitties and she is so sweet and cuddly.

      Delete
  5. I was really happy to arrive this site.I needed to thank you for this fantastic article
    Online High School Diploma
    you can follow my blog here
    http://www.sandford-highschool.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete