Monday, October 8, 2012

Daybook - EMS edition

Good monday morning!  Today I am feeling very fatigued.  I have been dealing with insomnia off and on for the last month and extreme fatigue.  Last night I got only 3 hours of sleep and I mentioned to my son, Jonathan that I am exhausted.  He said I have EMS, Exhausted Mom Syndrome.  *smile*  I think he is right and I would love to go back to bed but there is just too much to do today.  Of course, it doesn't help that it is cloudy today.  I was up early enough to see the sun rise a brilliant orange but where it went, I'm not sure. 
 
FOR TODAY

Outside my window...  it is cloudy and chilly - not very cheery looking.

I am thinking trying not to think...  about how warm and cozy my bed is and how much I would love to go back to bed.  Although I make my bed everyday, I am especially thankful I did so early this morning or I might just be tempted to crawl back in and catch up on some sleep.

I am thankful... for God's word which brought me peace last night when I couldn't sleep.

In the kitchen... homemade bread and hard boiled eggs, soon to be egg salad.

I am wearing... a long jean skirt, white anklets, a coaral colored shirt and sweater.

I am creating... slippers.  I started crocheting some slippers this week.

I am going... to the chiropractor and grocery shopping at some point today.

I am wondering... where our cat Lovus is.  He has been missing since last Wednesday and despite our calling and looking around the property for him we haven't been able to find him.

I am reading...  Hinds Feet on High Places

I am hoping... the sun will come out.

I am looking forward to... finishing up school early today.

I am learning... to be still.  Being still is harder than one would think.  Goodness my mind wanders and flits from thing to thing.

Around the house... It is quiet and everyone but Christopher is working on school work.  Christopher is not feeling well and asked if he could lay back down for a bit.

I am pondering...  "Be still and know that I am God..." Psalm 46:10a

A favorite quote for today... Romans 12:1-2 from the Message Bible.  I don't normally read from this Bible but I love these two verses in this paraphrase.
 
 "So here’s what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don’t become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You’ll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you."

One of my favorite things...  hot apple cider with a shot of carmel and topped with whipped cream.  Mmmm

A few plans for the rest of the week:  I am working through our bins of winter apparel and making lists of things we will need.  I am also gathering together items for a winter survival kit for our daughter to keep in her car while traveling to and from college this winter. 

A peek into my day...  Andrew working on his bird feeder for a science project.
 
 
This post is linked at the Simple Woman's Daybook.

8 comments:

  1. I have never heard of this syndrome...but it sure does apply! (he,he,he)

    Theresa, I pray that you will begin to feel better soon.

    m.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maria! Thank you for your prayers. I pray you are doing well too.

      Delete
  2. I was going to suggest spending time in the Word when you can't sleep, but I see you already thought of it!

    I love the definition of EMS: probably a lot of people have it!

    I enjoyed the scripture you quoted from the message - I want to be different from the culture around me ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jerralea, thank you so much for visiting and commenting. A pastor's wife once said that when she couldn't sleep she would get up and read the Word and/or pray and since then I too have tried to use that time wisely.

      God bless you,
      Theresa

      Delete
  3. Ha! EMS! I seem to have that regularly. My warm cozy bed is calling me too. It is cold and rainy here, and even though I made my bed as well, I think I'll be crawling back in it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did take a 45 minute power nap this afternoon before heading out to the chiropractor but I am still exhausted! :) I hope you were able to get in a little rest today too.

      Blessings,
      Theresa

      Delete
  4. What a great photo at the top! I am just coming out from under my Monday morning laundry pile. I was praying just this a.m. for that girl who needs that winter driving survival kit -- wow and what a great idea. Does she need some cozy mittens to include in the kit?
    I curled up in my favorite nap spot today, too. Then I bolted up and took a short walk, surprised at how warm it was today.
    It's always good to read your updated blog, Theresa, glad you just add as you have the time.
    Hope you sleep better tonight, friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa! Have you made it out from under your laundry pile or has it over taken you again? :) Thank you so much for your prayers for Samantha, I am so thankful for them and I'm sure she could use a warm pair of mittens for the year, I will have to take a look at your Etsy shop and see what you have available.

      Love you.

      Delete