Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Mexican Three Bean Salad



On Saturday evenings I've been preparing a few different raw salads to eat throughout the week.  This yummy Mexican Three Bean Salad was on the menu for this week and it is DELICIOUS! 
 
One nice thing about this salad is that it keeps all week in the fridge and makes quite a bit.  I eat it raw but my husband likes it heated and eaten over rice.  Some of the boys like it heated,mixed with rice, and topped with some cheese and sour cream and then rolled up in tortilla. 
 
If serving this dish make it the night before and let the flavors marinate overnight.
 
 
 
Mexican Three Bean Salad
 
Ingredients:
  •  2-3 cans beans, your choice.  (I used black, dark red kidney and black eyed peas)
  • 4 ribs celery, chopped
  • 1 medium bell pepper, any color
  • 2-3 plum tomatoes diced
  • red onion chopped (I left this out as my husband doesn't like onions)
  • fresh sweet corn or 1 bag of frozen sweet corn
 
Dressing:
  •  1/4 cup red wine vinegar
  • 1/2 cup olive oil
  • 1 tsp. cumin
  • 1/2 tsp. chili powder
  • 2 tsp garlic
  • 1 tsp. oregano


Enjoy!  If you try the recipe, let me know how you liked it.
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. YUM! Mom and I loved trying this, thanks for posting the recipe! :-)

    ReplyDelete