Monday, October 29, 2012

Good-bye October ~ A Daybook entry



Outside my window... it is cloudy and chilly this morning.

I am hearing...  Andrew practice piano and Jonathan playing guitar.

I am thinking ...  about a quiet afternoon/evening of crocheting after my chiropractor appointment.

I am thankful for ...
  • Our church family.  We've been worshipping at Cornerstone for 1 year now.
  • visiting with friends last night
  • a full 8 hours of sleep
In the kitchen... I haven't made this weeks menu yet but I am going to try doing more meals that will have leftovers to carry into the week.

I am wearing... a long jean skirt, a blue flannel shirt, blue knee highs and boots

I am creating... Slippers 

I am going... to the chiropractor for an adjustment.

I am praying for ... The up coming elections

I am reading... Loving God With All Your Mind by Elizabeth George. I did just get this book and can't wait to begin.  I already read chapter 1 and it was good. 

I am hoping... that our best friends can make it to Andrew's party.  It's a secret that they hoping to come.

I am looking forward to... Andrew's birthday on Thursday and his party on Saturday.

Around the house... Lots of cleaning going on in preparation for the party.

I am pondering...  things best kept in my heart for now.

A favorite quote for today...  "Never be afraid to be a broken thing."  Ann Voskamp

One of my favorite things...  being home with my kids, investing in their lives and learning alongside of them.  I am truly blessed!

A few plans for the rest of the week:   School, a game day on Andrew's birthday, homeschool gym co-op, party prep and the party!

A picture I'm sharing... 

 
My neice Brooklyn and I at her birthday party a couple of weeks ago!  Love her to the moon and back a gazillion times!!

1 comment:

  1. H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y , A N D R E W !!
    May you be a **warrior for the Lord** all the days of your life!

    ReplyDelete