Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Hospitality

Bear Rabbit by:  Virginio Livraghi 
From allposters.com

Do you struggle with hospitality?  I do or I thought I did, but what I really struggle with is pride.  I know a few ladies who are very hospitable and for whom hospitality seems so effortless but in my mind I have seen hospitality as this huge mountain of things that need to be prefect before I could entertain or minister to others in my home.

Things like:
  • getting new carpet
  • cleaning out the closet in the bathroom (we did get that one done!)
  • the outside of the house looks like a forrest!  Maybe if/when we get it weeded 
  • I don't know what to feed others
  • we have indoor pets and people don't like to have so many animals around
  • this or that family eats healthily what on earth would I feed them? 
You get the idea, there is never want for excuse which is why I found this article by Bambi, who blogs at In the Nursery of the Nation  very encouraging.  The article was featured at Vissionary Womanhood and I know you will be blessed by it, as was I.

Enjoy!  Hospitality and Homelife:  A forgotten Conduit for Ministry

No comments:

Post a Comment