Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Begin a Trial with Joy!


"Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests me made known unto God.  And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. 

Philippians 4:6-7

I tend to stress out about things very easily and sadly my first response in many situations is not to go to God in prayer and thanksgiving.  About a month ago though, I found myself in a very stress filled situation and there was nothing I could do about it.  Instead of my usual "freak out" and panic, the Word of God that I had memorized from James came flooding back to me... 

"Count it all joy when you fall into various trials..."  James 1:2 NKJV

I just kept repeating this... Begin a trial with joy, begin a trial with joy... and was able to pray and thank God for the current trial.  His peace was so evident that it really did pass any earthly understanding I had.  The fear and panic was replaced with confidence and a calmness that only came through Him.

So, when you are next faced with a trial remember to begin it with joy and then praise and thank God for it.  You will immeadiately take the focus off of self and situation and place it on the One who can work it for good.  I promise you, when you do this, beginning a trial with joy, thanksgiving and prayer, that no matter how difficult the trial may be you will have the peace of God that passes all understanding and as you are trusting God your faith will increase and He will use it to teach, show and grow you in new and stronger ways for His glory to be revealed in and through your life.

This post is linked at:

A-Wise-Woman-Builds-Her-Home


3 comments:

  1. Thank you for this post. I am saving this post for future reference. I found you through the "A Wise Woman" link up. Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in a trial right now...but for some reason I don't feel oppressed by it at all. In fact, I am finding JOY in the everyday :-) Praising Our Lord with you Theresa...

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey friend! Thanks for the great reminder. I love your new blog design. It is so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete