Monday, May 28, 2012

Graduation Week Daybook


FOR

Outside my window...  after yesterday's hot and muggy weather today will be warm but not as muggy and there is a breeze.

I am thinking...  About everything that needs to be done this week.

I am thankful...  for family and friends who have graciously offered their help with Samantha's graduation party.

In the kitchen...  making some chocolate oatmeal bars this morning.

I am wearing...  a denim skirt and orangish colored bohemian looking shirt.

I am creating...  lists!  The countdown is on and Samantha's graduation party is in 6 days.  Lots of little things to finish up and errands to run picking up buns, cake, balloons etc.

I am going...  to a baseball game with my kids later this afternoon.

I am wondering...  when life will slow down a bit.  :o)  Seems we are running somewhere everyday and I just want to stay home.

I am reading...  How to Encourage Your Children and How to Encourage Your Husband.  These are great books to keep by a bedside or on a small table next to a chair because they are short stories/tips that Nancy Cambell compiled and you can read a few at a time when you just have a minute or two.

I am praying...  for God's grace, strength and peace this week.

I am looking forward to...  Visiting with friends and family this weekend

I am learning...  that I need to be silent more often and that I don't always need to say everything that pops into my brain.

Around the house...  Monday is laundry day so I do have 2 small loads to do.  I also would like to vacuum as I didn't get to that on Saturday.

One of my favorite things...  looking back through old photos

A few plans for the rest of the week:
  • make bars (3 pans)
  • have Samantha finish assembling her picture board
  • pick up turkey supreme from catering service (Wed.)
  • pick up balloons, cake and buns (Sat.)
  • buy a card for our dear librarian who is retiring and finish her lapghan before her party Friday evening.
  • 2 graduation parties in addition to Samantha's party.
  • a trip to Costco for fruit
  • family graduation ceremony
Lots to do and this is only a portion of it.  :o)

A peek into my day...

{So sweet and so chubby!!}

{Samantha and daddy}

{She loved her binky... always had 1 in her mouth and 1 in her hand}

{Samantha and my sister Kimberly who passed away in 2002}

{Samantha and I the day she had tubes put in her ears}

{Our family... 2004 I think}

{Samantha holding a goat from my sister's farm}

{Samantha and Jonathan}

{Samantha and daddy)


{So adorable!!}

{Tie-dyed shirts that Grandma Severson made}

{Samantha and mom}


{Sammi and Andrew in the semi truck}

{Samantha and Kimberly}

{Samantha and my sister Amanda)


{Getting a hair cut and donating the hair}


{getting her hair cut instantly aged her but it was so cute!}

{Samantha and her cousin Reagan}

{Samantha and her friend Jarrett at Christmas}

{Samantha and Andrew at the bowling alley}

{Making Challah bread}

These last ones are some of the over 300 pictures that my sister took for her graduation








This post is linked at The Simple Woman's Daybook

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your daughter my friend! How wonderful to know that she is done and eager to begin a new phase of her life.

    Peace be with you Theresa,

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maria. I will pass along your congratulations.

      Delete
  2. Congrats to your daughter on her graduation. Loved the pictures you shared.

    Looks like a busy week for you but I'm sure you will all enjoy it!

    I'm like you, I am learning to not say the first thing that comes to mind either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jerralea, Thank you for the congratulations. Yes, it will be a busy week but enjoyable as well. :o)

      Delete
  3. What a busy week, Tessa! I love all of the pictures you shared. Enjoy the party this weekend and congrats to Samantha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ((Theresa)) I keep meaning to sit down and e-mail you girls and then something else grabs my attention and I forget. Thank you so much for all of your prayers for us over the last year. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to Samantha!!

    I love looking through old photos too.

    Here's my Simple Woman's Daybook

    ReplyDelete