Monday, May 21, 2012

Daybook for May 21st, 2012


Outside my window... The sun is brightly shining and I believe the temp is currently around 62 on its way to 75.

I am hearing... The fish tank.  The water level is a little low so I hear running water.  It is very relaxing.

I am thinking... or trying not to think of all the yard work that needs to be done.  With the storms from the last 2 weeks we had all of our cedar chips fly all over the yard as well as all the loose cornstalks from the field that the farmer had tilled up.  Our entire property is littered with this and needs to be raked.  As I type I hear the lawn mower running, the boys are loading and hauling out debris to the burn pit.

I am thankful for...  God's graciousness in my daughters life this morning

I am wearing...  a teired jean skirt and a red top with a pair of white anklet socks.  My toesies are cold. :)

From the kitchen... I made a yummy rainbow pasta salad this weekend and so we are finishing that up for lunch today.  It had corn, chopped carrots, tomatoes, brocolli, onion and cucumber along with tri-colored pasta and the dressing was a zesty italian.  Mmmm

I am going... out to hang up clothes soon.  Monday is one of my laundry days and today is perfect for hanging them outside.

I am creating...  Not much creating in the craft department although I did creat a small "brain dump" notebook over the weekend to help me keep track of everything.  I keep the notebook on the counter in the kitchen and then put it in  my purse when I leave.  I'll share it soon.

I am pondering... 

"Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies."  Proverbs 31:10

I am looking forward to... Samatha's graduation party in less than 2 weeks! 

From the learning rooms... Lots of reading about caterpillars and butterflies.  I picked up books at the library last week and they are in a basket on the learning room shelf.  I also purchased a butterfly enclosure for Andrew and he has been happily learning and collecting caterpillars all week.  So far 3 of the 8 caterpillars have spun a chrysalis.


Thank you to Peggy for hosting the Daybook. Stop by HERE to read more entries.

4 comments:

  1. I would love to hear more about the notebook, sounds like what I need....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pat, thanks so much for your visit and comment. I will try to get some pictures of my notebook and put together a post for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love pasta salad and yours sounds yummy.

    I miss getting to hang clothes on the line but with my work schedule it doesn't seem to work out.

    Thanks for sharing one of my favorite scriptures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jerralea, the pasta salad WAS yummy! We had it for lunch for 3 days. :)

    Thank you for your comment and visit, God bless you.

    ReplyDelete