Thursday, December 5, 2013

Update

It has been awhile since I have given an update on my back and I know there are a few of you who have been wondering and praying.  I sure appreciate the prayers as it has been a long ordeal.  Twenty days already.

I think my immune system is over taxed because I came down with 2 unrelated illnesses this last week.  A quick 1 day stomach bug and a 5 day head and chest cold which has now run through our entire family.  Graciously God gifted me with almost 7 hours of good health on Thanksgiving day and we were able to travel to my parents house.  Around supper time Thanksgiving day the pain started returning and we left for home.

Monday morning I woke up very sore but determined that we were going to get back to our schooling routine.  I had about 3 hours of productive school time with the boys and then headed to the chiropractor for an appointment.  Monday evening the pain was so intense.  I cried out to God for help and deliverance and was convicted that for the last 16 days I had been so focused on the pain and length of this ordeal.  My eyes were not on Jesus, my healer.  I cried out to God believing that my sickness was bought and paid for by Jesus over 2,000 years ago.  I repented for my lack of trust and told Him that I would praise and glorify Him no matter how long I had to walk in this valley.  I went to bed that knowing that I would fight a battle.  In my spirit I knew it was not going to be an easy day on Tuesday and I was right.

Tuesday morning I was in the most excruciating pain I've ever had.  I could not move, could not lift my arms up or even sniffle and cough without intense pain.  I spent about 90 minutes crying from pain and then called my spiritual mama for prayer.  My son took me to the doctor and we worked out a new treatment plan.

When we got home I went to bed to rest and stared at my blank walls... if I was going to be spending time in this bed I wanted to have something encouraging to look at so the boys helped me to make a faith wall.  The Lord had given me a Scripture Monday night when I called on Him and we put that verse along with some cards and Scriptures that the boys found for me.

Every step Tuesday and Wednesday was a walk of faith as I called out my praise and thanksgiving.  Step... thank you Father that not one Word from You has failed.  Step... I praise and thank you that by the stripes of Jesus my Savior I have been healed.  Step... Father thank you for sending your Word to strengthen me.  Despite the pain my faith grew with each step.
Today is Thursday and I am happy to say that I am beginning to feel better.  Priase God!  I no longer need the walker to walk but am very slow.  :o)  I know I still have a ways to go but I am confident that God's Words to me these last few days will come to pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment