Thursday, December 12, 2013

December Daybook

FOR TODAY ~ Thursday, December 12th, 2013
Simple-woman-daybook-large

Outside my window... The sun is shining, the yard is covered with snow and winter is in full swing.  :)  The bird feeders are empty and I must remember to pick up more seed when I do my marketing.
 
 I'm wearing... Jeans, an orange shirt and socks. 
 
I am hearing... the boys finishing up their lunch and discussing football.
 
  I am thinking... about the last month and all that I've been through.  I am feeling better, Praise the Lord, but I also know that I cannot push myself right now and need to learn to stay quiet and rest.  Not an easy thing to do in this season but I've found that our Christmas season and anticipation of celebrating the birth of our Savior has been richer because we have been forced to hibernate at home.  It's a good thing!  Because we've been home so much we've been able to be consistent with our Jesse Tree devotions and nightly reading of Jotham's Journey.  It has become a very precious time for me to close our day with this time together.
GEDC0880
 
I am thankful... 
  • The many prayers of friends over the last month.  May the Lord Jesus richly bless you as you have done for me.
  • A deeper walk with Jesus through the affliction and pain.
  • God's Word, which has become so dear to me. 
  • My husband - he's awesome!
  • My boys who have worked so hard around the home keeping up with the tasks and chores that I've been unable to do.  They might not do everything exactly like I would and often need more than 1 reminder but they never complain about helping me.  I'm blessed.
 
 
 I am going... to spend the afternoon crocheting.
 
I am pondering... how to keep things simple, my eyes on Jesus and extend grace.
 
I am reading... my Bible.  Alot.  :o)  I've also been reading a book book by Dodie Osteen called Healed of Cancer.  A short book and testimony of her healing from metastatic cancer of the liver.  It has been a boost to my faith.  I found it in pdf form online and have it bookmarked on my ipad to read.
 
 Around the house... Things are simple.  We put up the tree and decorated it last night but decided to forego all the other decorations but a few. 
 
In the kitchen... Chicken taco's for supper tonight.
 
 From the Learning Room... Our "Morning Time" time is going well.  We started the Continent of South America this week and are learning about Brazil this week and studying Rain Forrests for Science.
 
We're Creating... I have been copying verses from my Bible on healing and faith into a small moleskin book.  I read through them twice daily to keep the Word before me and to keep my faith for healing strong.
The boys will be making their gingerbread houses tonight and I have a snowflake/painting craft that also needs to get done.
 
One of my favorite things...  thick fuzzy socks.  :)
 
A few plans for the rest of the week:  I have just a little bit of shopping to do (our regular marketing and a few more Christmas gifts to pick up).  There are no other plans for our weekend and church attendance will depend on how I am feeling. 
A peek into my day...  
 Our Advent Calendar this year was pinned up to the bulletin board rather than hanging from branches in a vase.  It keeps the kittens from playing with it.  :)
On the back of each snowflake is a small activity, outing or surprise.  
GEDC0879
 
 
This post is linked at The Simple Woman's Daybook

No comments:

Post a Comment