Thursday, December 12, 2013

I am Willing

"And behold, a leper came and worshipped Him saying, "Lord, if you are willing, you can make me clean." Then Jesus put out His hand and touched him, saying, "I am willing, be cleansed." Immediately his leporsy was cleansed. Matthew 8:2-3

Image

Everyday when I read through my healing Scriptures this verse touches me deeply. This faith filled, diseased man who was so used to rejection put aside every social boundary that had been placed around him. Falling in worship before Jesus he humbly but boldly asks the Lord if He would be willing to make him clean. Think about that for a moment... You don't risk yourself like that unless you have lost all hope and yet have full confidence that the One you are asking is able to look past the outward and love you to wholeness. That took guts! And Jesus... Jesus reaches out and touches the untouchable and says, I am willing! Oh my Jesus you are such a loving Savior and Healer. Thank you that we can come to you with all of our ugly sin and disease and it doesn't revolt You. I stand amazed that I can come to You and receive your loving, cleansing touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment