Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Tuesday Tidbits

Flower-graphics-4Our second week of school, like our first, is not off to a good start.  Three of us are dealing with a yucky flu although Jonathan is two days ahead of us and functioning better than Andrew and I.   Since the teacher is achey, feverish, stuffy, watery eyed and has a whopper of a headache we've delayed starting this week.  I'm hopeful that we can resume tomorrow.  Christopher, who is the only one feeling well, has been working on his independent work inbetween taking care of the house, meals and his sickly family.  

A darling new book arrived yesterday and I've read all the way to chapter 9 already.  Lessons at Blackberry Inn by Karen Andreola is the story of Michael and Carol and their family in the 1930's and their journey into home education using the Charlotte Mason method and a sequel to the book Pocketfull of Pinecones.  Being 9 chapters in, I would say that Lessons at Blackberry Inn has less of a home education focus than Pocketfull of Pinecones did and more of a focus on home life and contentment but I am enjoying the book nonetheless. The slow and gentle writing style of Karen Andreola is a welcoming balm to my busy, weary and at the moment ill body.  

In other news... I am a new Auntie!  Brennan Dean was born last evening.  He weighed 8lbs 6oz and has a head full of black hair like his older brother Kessler did.  We wont get to visit the wee one until the weekend or even later, depending on how we are all feeling.  I don't want to be passing any of these germs onto my brother's family.  

The delay is visiting will allow me time to finish up his baby blanket.  I ran out of yarn yesterday and still have about a 1/4 of the blanket to finish.  I might be sending Jonathan to buy yarn today. I'm thankful I have a son who isn't embarrassed to buy such a purchase.  *smile*

No comments:

Post a Comment