Monday, September 2, 2013

The Night Before

Tomorrow morning we begin our new school year!  I am so excited.  I love "new" anythings... new mornings, new months, new seasons, new friendships, a new beginning!  Along with our new school year beginning though, we also have an ending awaiting us at the end of our year, as our son Jonathan will be graduating!  I'm not going to think about that though.

Here is our end of the summer daybook.
  Simple-woman-daybook-large


FOR TODAY:  Monday, September 2nd, 2013
I am resting with a glass of ice water right now.  Scott, Andrew and I just got back from a bike ride.  It was a short one since this is really the beginning of exercise for me (again) after spending the summer healing from a torn meniscus.  The sunny cool weather made the ride glorious!  I got a pretty new pink bike in May but our Spring was so chilly and wet that we didn't get out much and then the bike sat forgotten for the last 2 months while I was unable to ride.  I'm going to take advantage of the rest of summer and fall and take a short ride each night after dinner that I can.

Outside my window...  The sun is shining and it is a beautiful cool evening.

I am thinking...  that I have some of the best friends in the world and I enjoyed spending my day with them yesterday.
I am hearing... Scott and the boys playing a game of horse.

I am thankful for... 
  • upcoming babies
  • getting a chance to snuggle 2 different babies to sleep this week.
  • a beautiful day of fellowship and fun with friends yesterday. 
  • a nice nap this afternoon
  • a long e-mail update from my best friend
In the Kitchen... I hear the whir of our noisy dishwasher busily doing its job.  I'm going to assemble an oatmeal bake for tomorrows breakfast.
I am wearing...  tan capri's and an orange t-shirt and a pair of socks.

I am creating...  an afghan using the pattern my grandmother used to make afghans for her grandchildren when they got married.

I am going...  to look over tomorrows lesson plans and my to-do list so that I'm ready for the day.

 I am reading...  Life Management for Busy Women

I am hoping...  that Scott will be home for the start of our day and wont have to leave too early tomorrow morning.

I am looking forward to...  life returning to the gentle rhythm of school in the mornings and afternoons and evenings outdoors.

I am learning...  to change my thinking.

Around the house...  I spent the morning cleaning up after the chaos of this weekend.  I printed out the boys' new chore charts and hung them on the fridge.  I also cleaned the upstairs bathroom and did lots of laundry!  Over the weekend I cleaned out two upstairs closets and went through many bins of clothes.  I have 6 bags of donations ready to go to town.
One of my favorite things...  seeing the beautiful flowers on the sink ledge that my friend Shiloh brought me this week.  Her thoughtfulness and willingness to drive out here to my house to deliver them was so sweet and I was so blessed.

A few plans for the rest of the week:  School, chiropractor appointments for Jonathan and I.  I am also going to set up an appointment for a massage.  :o)  We have to make a trip to the library and Christopher has Civil Air Patrol and begins Cyber Patriot training.  I celebrate my birthday on Thursday and I'm hoping that my new nephew or niece will arrive this week too. 


This post is linked at The Simple Woman's Daybook

No comments:

Post a Comment