Sunday, September 15, 2013

Sunday Evening Daybook

Simple-woman-daybook-large

Outside my window...  This morning it was cold, breezy and drizzling.  I am fighting off a cold so I went back to bed for the afternoon and now the sun is making an appearance although I think it is still chilly. 
Scott and the boys are all outside playing.  The older two are playing basketball and Andrew and Scott are playing catch.
I am hearing...  I am listening to Mozart on the cd player and there is a very whiney kitten in the other room who wants to be let outside.

I am thinking...  That I don't like colds.  :o( 
I am thankful...  For the cuddles, snuggles, slobbery kisses and cold germs that I got last week when my friend and her children were here.  As yucky as I feel now, I am so thankful to of had them here and to love on her and her children.  

In the kitchen...  I am very glad that I threw together a bean soup in the crockpot this morning.  The chilly weather is perfect for soup. Thanks, Lisa for the recipe!
I have the menu made for the week.  I am going to be eating raw as much as possible - at least my breakfast and lunches.  I need to get some good nutrition into me and boost my immune system back up.  This morning I prepared 3 baggies with my green smootie fruits already in them (minus the banana).  This makes it easier in the morning.  All I need to do is dump in the bag, add water, the banana and a handful of spinach and I'm done.   I'll alternate smoothie days with a different raw breakfast.  

I am wearing...  A warm winter nightgown. 

I am creating...  A knitted baby blanket.  I've never knit a blanket before but I am loving this soft stretchy knit pattern. 

I am going...  to bed early tonight. 

I am wondering...  what is a good natural herbal tea to drink when you have a cold. 

I am reading...  still reading Life Management for Busy Women, by Elizabeth George

I am hoping...  that this cold will be short lived.

I am looking forward to...  a quieter week at home after the busy week we had last week. 

I am learning...  speak gently

Around the house...  The living room and kitchen need a straightening up before bedtime.  All of the bedrooms are clean and back in order after our guests.  The bathrooms still need to be cleaned though.  

From the learning room...  With our home full of guests last week we only did half days of school when they were here and a full day when they were out visiting family or other friends. We included the them in our family worship time and they did journal writing while we did some of our school.  The boys and I did a crafty type of project... Andrew loves to do this sort of hands on work and Christopher is a good sport to always do it with us.

School3
This week we'll be starting week 4 of our ECC curriculum and finishing up our United States study.  I need to inter-library loan books for our Canada study next week.

One of my favorite things...  babies!  I will be an autie again any day now so that is why I am really hoping this cold will be short lived.

A few plans for the rest of the week I've gotten all of my errands and shopping done for the week in anticipation of staying home as much as possible.  Jonthan works twice this week and Christopher has Civil Air Patrol one night and Cyber Patriot training another night.  My dad usually takes him to his C.A.P. meeting but I'll have to take him to his second meeting.  Other than that I plan to remain home.

 A peek into my day...

School1

This post is linked at The Simple Woman's Daybook blog

No comments:

Post a Comment