Tuesday, December 4, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside my window... the boys are outside in the yard playing football.  Its a sunny day but not quite as warm as yesterday.  Still no snow.  :(

I am hearing...  Pandora Classical Christmas playing.

I am thinking ...  about our busy week and enjoying this little break of quiet in my day.

I am thankful for ...

  • the work of the Holy Spirit in my husbands life.
  • friendships
  • health
In the kitchen... Currently I am making chocolate chip cookies and there is hot chocolate ready for the boys when they come in. 

I am wearing... a brown/black tweed skirt, a black tank top covered with a new black sweater that I found on clearance yesterday at Kohls.

I am creating... lots of fun gifts!!!

I am going... to be doing a lot of driving this week.

I am praying for ... Many family friends who have sick children and a family who lost their home to a fire last week.  I'm also pray that the Lord will continue to work and move in my husbands life.

I am reading... "Lord, Change Me" by Evelyn Christensen.  I picked this old book up at a thrift store for a quarter.  I enjoyed reading her book "What Happens When Women Pray" many years ago and am enjoying this book too.

I am hoping... that my back feels better soon - I'm trying to take it easy but this is a busy month and we are hosting Scott's family, close to 40 members, here at our home for Christmas.  This will be our first year hosting and I'm a bit nervous. 

I am looking forward to... have a couple of warm cookies with my hot chocolate. 

Around the house... the decoration are all out and I enjoy sitting in the evening and seeing the twinkling of the Christmas tree lights while I crochet.  I am getting our Christmas pictures and cards ready to send out at the beginning of next week.

One of my favorite things...  Snow, of which we have none.  :(

A few plans for the rest of the week: School, Civil Air Patrol meeting for Christopher, Bible study, Guitar lessons and Jonathan is taking his behind the wheel test for his drivers license.

A picture I'm sharing...

A picture of our Thankful Tree one day in November when I was having some Bible study time. 
It was fun to watch the bare branches fill up with all the things we are thankful for.  Each year we do this and then save the leaves.

 
This post is linked at The Simple Woman's Daybook.

2 comments: