Monday, December 17, 2012

Outside my window... everything looks so pretty and white. 

I am hearing...   the dryer from the laundry room.

I am thinking and praying for... all of the hurting families from the tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary school. 

I am thankful for ... the comfort and peace that God gives to us in our times of hurting.

In the kitchen...  baking and lots of it later this week.  I haven't done any yet.  Throwing my back out for almost 2 weeks at the end of November and beginning of this month and having sick kids last week (and into this week) has had me tending to them.

I am wearing... a pink long sleeved tee and my tinkerbell fleece pajama pants.

I am creating... Lots of crocheting going on.  Finishing up gifts while snuggling on the couch with little guy who was sick.  Here are a few pictures.

 
(chocolate chip cookies)


(burger with cheese, tomato, lettuce, onions and pickles - minus the bottom bun which I still need to complete)
 
 
(Stuffed crust pepperoni and sausage pizza)
 
I also made a banana partially peeled, a pnb&j sandwich, oreo cookies, 2 slices of watermellon, a sunny side up egg and bacon.
 
Scott and Andrew did some crafting yesterday too - they made a pretty paper chain to hang up.
 
 

I am going... to pick up some books from the library and continue working on gifts this week.

I am reading... my Bible only this week.

I am hoping... that this nasty virus will leave our home and that we'll all be feeling better soon.

I am looking forward to... spending time with our families this Christmas

Around the house... lots of cleaning and baking.  I hope to get a list of some sort made this week of everything that needs to be done before hosting Christmas with Scott's family.

One of my favorite things...  making things for other people.

A few plans for the rest of the week: , a holiday party this week, shopping, baking, cleaning and crafting.

A picture I'm sharing... Our Advent wreath - taken before dinner, week 2


This entry is linked at The Simple Woman's Daybook.

4 comments:

  1. I like your daybooks - they give a beautiful picture of the different aspects of your busy life! Sometimes having sick children is a good excuse to cuddle up and slow down like you did...the blessing and comfort God gives in the midst of *trouble*.
    My mouth is watering at your amazing "tasty crochet"! Wow! You could score big at the county fair -- think about it! :) Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and inspiring ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Lisa. You always leave such kind and thoughtful comments. I will consider the fait. :) Chris had fun texting with Theo this afternoon. He is missing his friends. So thankful for their friendship.

    ReplyDelete