Monday, December 10, 2012

The Mind of Christ

When we made the move to our new church last October, one of the things I was unsure of was if I would like singing hymns after being used to contemporary praise and worship music for over 10 years. That first Sunday we sang a hymn called Nearer Still Nearer* and the words spoke to my heart and over the weeks I found myself falling in love with the old hymns which are so full of Truth.

Over the last 13 months I've been singing and memorizing hymns in my quiet time, in the shower, while I dry my hair or put make up on, while cooking, doing dishes etc.  We sing them as a family each morning during our family worship time and I often catch the boys humming them throughout the day.  I just finished memorizing this hymn and it is one of my favorites to sing in the mornings and so I thought I would share it here with you. 

Be blessed.

May the Mind of Christ, My Savior

May the mind of Christ, my Savior,
Live in me from day to day,
By His love and power controlling
All I do and say.


May the Word of God dwell richly
In my heart from hour to hour,
So that all may see I triumph
Only through His power.


May the peace of God my Father
Rule my life in everything,
That I may be calm to comfort
Sick and sorrowing.


May the love of Jesus fill me
As the waters fill the sea;
Him exalting, self abasing,
This is victory.


May I run the race before me,
Strong and brave to face the foe,
Looking only unto Jesus
As I onward go.


May His beauty rest upon me,
As I seek the lost to win,
And may they forget the channel,
Seeing only Him.


* The video in this link is not our church, just a link to the hymn being sung.

1 comment:

  1. I cherish this hymn. We used to sing it in chapel often at school. Now that you reminded me of it, I hope to be humming it all day....:)

    ReplyDelete