Monday, December 31, 2012

Daybook

Outside my window... It is still early but it looks like it will be a nice day.  I see the sun shedding its  light on some of the tree limbs out my window as it is rising.

I am hearing...  Quiet - ahhh

I am thinking ...  about how precious life is and how many of us really live for the "tomorrows" and "somedays" that we are never promised.  Live life in the present.  Love your family and tell them!  Forgive those who you have hurt and conquer pride in your life - humble yourself before those you've wronged and ask for forgiveness.

I am thankful for ...

  • my family - I had a wonderful childhood and always knew I was loved and I LOVE getting together with all of them over the Christmas season. 
  • That it is GOD who works anything good in and through me.  This morning in my quiet time I was reflecting on what Paul said in his letter to the believers in Colosse - that he was an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God.  Truly it is by God's will only that I am who I am. 
  • Spending the day with my church family after being gone for a month.  I am very thankful to Jesus for my brothers and sisters there.
  • Precious time spent with our daughter this weekend and last. 
  • having 10 wonderful days with my husband home!!!
In the kitchen... healthier food after all of the heavy holiday fare.

I am wearing... my Christmas nightgown and robe.  :)

I am creating... no creating this week - after the rush to finish up gifts I'm ready for a crafting break.

I am going... sledding with friends this afternoon... I should say my kids are going sledding because as much as I would love to, I know I can't with my back right now.

I am praying for ... My family today.  10 years ago this morning my 17 year old sister was killed in a car accident.  I am thankful for the Lord bringing us through these 10 years but I also know how much we still hurt and miss her so I am praying that God's comfort and peace would be with my parents and siblings today.

I am reading... Absolute Surrender by Andrew Murray

I am hoping...  that our cat isn't pregnant! 

I am looking forward to...  getting back into a normal routine. 

Around the house... the decorations and tree will come down at some point this week.

One of my favorite things...  a cup of coffee enjoyed in the early, quiet moments of morning before I wake everyone else up.

A few plans for the rest of the week:   Sledding, a trip to the library, a training flight for Christopher, cleaning and organizing, working on my new blog.

A picture I'm sharing...

My sister and I on my wedding day.

 
Sister Kimberly and daughter Samantha
 
 
Kimberly, if I remember correctly this was taken at Valley Fair the summer before she died.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment