Monday, August 15, 2016

Daybook for August 15th, 2016


Daybook for August 15th, 2016


Outside My Window:  It is mostly cloudy with a tiny peak of sun here and there.

Listening to: Christopher practicing piano


Clothing Myself in: Navy capri's and a cute red tunic top.  Bare feet again.  I think I have only worn closed toed shoes three times this summer.  I broke my pinky toe at the end of June and have been wearing flip flops ever since.  My toe has since healed, or at least I no longer have pain but it is still swollen.

Creating by Hand: I'm halfway through the wedding afghan I am crocheting and I just finished a knitted dishcloth. 

What I'm Reading: On my Kindle... I am still reading a small selection from Amish Knitting Circle:  Smicksburg Tales 2 each night before bed.  I look forward to ending my day with this sweet fictional circle of friends. 

Memorizing:  This last week I continued memorizing from the selection of Scripture known as the sermon on the mount.  I have 3 new verses memorized and am on verse 29 now. 

Learning lessons in:  Being slow, savoring the good and giving the not so good to God.

Keeping House:  *on going* I'm doing my best to remain calm in the chaos that is our life during house renovation season.  :)  Currently boxes, bins, piles and furniture are everywhere along with a heavy layer of dust.  The walls of the school room, part of the kitchen, back hallway and bathroom were all removed.  New walls, windows and electrical were put in and sheet rock is now up as well.  There is still a heavy layer of dust everywhere.  ;) 





In the Learning Room:  Andrew and I started back to school this morning.  Christopher is still working with my husband on the house and will join us with the book portion of his schooling in a few weeks.  Andrew and I were finished by 1:30 (not including music practice for piano and mandolin) and I was even able to take a nap! 

Giving Thanks:  for the health and many skills my husband has.  For the good message yesterday at church and a time of fellowship with ladies after church.  Finishing Andrew's room.  We just need to put up 1 more piece of trim and I'm waiting for some fabric cubbies in coordinating colors (blue, orange and green) to arrive.


It's hard to see because of the light but there are no more logs!  We also put in a new ceiling and recessed lighting.  The walls are all a tan color except for the back wall (with the head of his bed).  This wall was painted blue.  He has new carpet and new furniture too.  Such a fresh new start.  Let's hope it stays organized and clean now.  ;)


Grandson(s) update:  We didn't get to see Warren this week but are looking forward to seeing him this Saturday.  Samantha said that he doesn't want to crawl anymore now that he's learning to walk.  He usually stands up and tries to walk everywhere.  :)  Samantha is feeling good just tired (she is due in November with grandson #2).  I ordered a second prayer journal for the new baby two weeks ago and it arrived last week.  I use the Peter Pauper Press small format journals and write little scripture prayer journal entries in them for my grandsons. 



Planning for the Week Ahead:  Since school has resumed our mornings will be spent at home but we are doing a few classes outside on the patio to enjoy the weather.  Our afternoons are free and we plan to go to the pool and our county fair this week.  This weekend we'll be attending an early birthday party for our grandson.  The party is moved up because his parents are closing on their new house the following week and then some new home projects will begin before moving in. 


This post is linked at The Simple Woman

No comments:

Post a Comment