Thursday, August 11, 2016

Casting Off Prayers

"casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you."
1 Peter 5:7




Are you heavy laden and burdened by the cares of this world?

Are you concerned about...
  • your marriage
  • finances
  • children
  • elections
  • the evil that seems to be increasing
  • projects
  • school
  • ministry
  • work
  • health
  • relationships
  • (fill in the blank)
We've had some overwhelming circumstances around here as of late and I'm doing a lot of casting off prayers.  I always have a knitted dishcloth in progress so I'll often sit for a bit and have a quiet time of prayer, knitting 4 rows of the dishcloth while casting my cares off the Lord. The rhythmic click, click, clicking of my needles and time of prayer bring a feeling of calm to my anxious heart, knowing He cares, sees and is working even if I'm not yet seeing change.  

Try it... cast your cares.  Let go and trust.






No comments:

Post a Comment