Monday, November 11, 2013

November Daybook

FOR TODAY ~ Monday, November 11th, 2013
 
Simple-woman-daybook-large



Outside my window... The sun is shining but I'm not fooled - it is cold!!  

 I'm wearing... A kahkai skirt, red turtleneck and a brown quilted vest.
 
I am hearing... the boys finishing up their lunch and a meowing, Charlotte who is locked in the basement while they eat.  
 
I am thinking... about quiet time after lunch.  :o)

I am thankful... for the men and women who have served or are currently serving our country to protect our freedoms; especially my dad through his active service in the Army, and later the Army National Guard and now with his role in Beyond the Yellow Ribbon for Brown County.

Dad
 
{1966 - in Germany shortly after being drafted}

Dad1
 
{Before deployment to Bosnia - 2003}
 
Dad3
 
{Dad receiving recognition for his work with Beyond the Yellow Ribbon}
 I am going... to brave the cold and go for a quick walk outside after I finish this blog post. 
I am wondering... how to keep my lettuce and spinach from getting all slimy.  Any suggestions?  I buy organic spring mix and spinach and don't usually wash it as the container says that it has been triple washed but I'm wondering if I should remove it and let it dry fully and then re-box or bag it?  Suggestiosn?

I am reading... I am half way through First We'll Have Coffee, reading just a little each night while in bed.  I am also half way through What Do I Know About My God. 
 
 Around the house... Monday is laundry day and I need to go throw in another load and get the first load in the dryer.  The kitchen and back hall are cluttered with leaves that have blown in and desperately need to be swept up.  
 
In the kitchen... BBQ's for the boys' lunch and a salad for mine.  Dinner tonight is yet to be determined - most likely spaghetti.
 
 From the Learning Room... We met together for what we are calling "Morning Time' around 9 am and finished around 11 am.  After our morning time the boys worked on their individual work (math, science, english and reading).  I believe Christopher still has some work to finish up but is currently out playing football with Andrew.  
 
One of my favorite things...  warm drinks - coffee, tea, hot chocolate.  Mmm  

A few plans for the rest of the week:  A quiet week for me.  My dad will come up to take Christopher to his Civil Air Patrol meeting and Joanthan will take Christopher to Cyber Patriot training.  I love it when it works out for me to stay home! 

A peek into my day...  
 
November 301 {lazy Emily}

No comments:

Post a Comment