Saturday, November 16, 2013

8 Random Things

Good Saturday afternoon!  It is quite dreary here and lightly raining.  I am cuddled under a warm fleece blanket and icing my back..  I woke up Thursday morning barely able to walk.  I've been to the chiropractor who says that I have a slipped disc.  :(  Sometimes the pain is excruciating and I obviously haven't been sleeping well.  The over the counter pain meds I've been taking are not even touching the pain so I did agree to a muscle relaxer which did help some.  What it did do was make me amazingly tired and I was able to sleep.  I took a 4 hour nap today!!!

As near as I can figure, I did this from vacuuming on Wednesday.  I don't usually vacuum because that is my son Christopher's chore but he had a busy week so I did it for him.  I felt the pull in my lower back but dismissed it and kept going.  Then off to the kitchen to peel potatoes and carrots which had be bending that the low back.  Other than these two activities I can think of nothing else that would have contributed the injury.  Thankfully my husband is home until Tuesday morning so he is running boys to their activities, cleaning house and cooking.  
I saw this idea at a friends blog and thought I would do it here on my blog too.

8 Random Things About Me:

1.  I once ran away from home.  I don't remember how old I was but I hid in our neighbors large bushes in front of his house.  I am sure my mother knew where I was because come supper time she opened the front door and yelled out that we were having spaghetti.  I came out from hiding and that is all I remember of the incident.

2.  I've always wanted to be a librarian.

3.  We have 6 cats, 2 dogs, 1 rabbit, a guinea pig and fish!

4.  My favorite meal is cream of turkey on biscuts (homemade of course).

5.  In 2003 I flew to Los Angels to sit in the audience of the TV reality show, The Biggest Loser.  I flew home the next day.  It was a fun experience except for the flight home which was very turbulent.

6.  I played the flute all through highschool and really enjoyed being in the marching band.  In the summer, when I was a child I would ride my bike and follow the marching band around our block when they would come by to practice.  I couldn't wait to be old enough to march too.

7.  I lived in Arizona for 2 years.  It is there that I surreneded my life to Jesus and he became Lord of my life.

8.  I only sleep in nightgowns.  I do have pajama pants but I only wear them around the house and switch to a nightgown for bedtime.  :)  I've always wanted a sleeping bonnet like Laura and Mary Ingalls wore to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment