Sunday, July 7, 2013

Daybook

FOR TODAY ~ Sunday evening, July 7th, 2013

 Outside my window...  It is partly cloudy and very humid!

I am hearing... The birds outside

I am thankful for...
  • my husband and my marriage.  Tomorrow we will celebrate 20 years of marriage and today we celebrated 26 years of being together.
  • the hand massage that Andrew gave me in church this morning.
  • God's protection.  Last Monday evening on our drive home from baseball I hit a deer head on.  It was around 9:30 pm and I had just taken a drink of my smoothie and glanced down to put the cup in the cup holder.  When I looked up there was a deer directly in front of our car.  For just a moment time seemed to stand still - the deer was dead center with my car and looking straight into our windshield.  I hit it going 55 miles an hour and had no time to brake or swerve.  I'm thankful that we are all o.kay and that there was very minimal damage to our car and that we are still able to drive it.
  • A Dairy Queen date with my husband last Wednesday evening.
  • Two of our kittens went to a good home together.
  • Spending time with our family on the evening of the 4th
  • The beautiful breezy weather on the 4th of July compared to last year's very hot and humid 100 degrees.
  • A very productive Saturday - every stitch of laundry in the house was done and even the sheets and comforters were washed and hung out to dry.
Kitten Capades... Two of the kittens went to their new homes this last Friday.   Our niece Shannon took them both!  Yay!

 
Andrew enjoying his last snuggle time with Emily.  She was thee sweetest cat of all four.  So beautiful and gentle.  She would sleep in your arms like a sweet babe.
 
 
 
Tootsie Roll and Emily on the car ride to their new home.  Emily meowed almost the entire hour ride.  Not Tootsie Roll though, She was much too interested in what or where she was going.
 

 
 
 Eventually Emily settled down and fell asleep in Christopher's arms.  Isn't she just the most precious kitten!! 




In the kitchen...  I need to go grocery shopping either tomorrow or Tuesday - I made a tri-colored veggie and pasta salad that will compliment a few meals this week.  I will make attempt sourdough bread again this week.  I tried last month and it was a failure because I forgot about it.  It takes so long to rise and it wasn't ready so my husband and I made a quick run to town with the intention of baking it when I got home.  I had it rising in my oven which was my problem.  Out of sight, out of mind.  We came home from our shopping and I completely forgot about the bread and found it the next morning.  Ugh!  I've been faithfully feeding and watering my starter all week and should be ready to bake on Tuesday. 

Christopher made a dessert to take to a 4thof July celebration.  I didn't help one bit - he made a yellow cake (from a box), homemade frosting and decorated it all on his own. 



I am wearing... a denim skirt and a silky white, cream, blue and tan dressy top.

I am creating...  lesson plans for Andrew.  I've gotten 7 weeks completed so far and am hoping to get the first 12 weeks planned and printed for him and then work on the older boys' plans.

I am going... to continue praying earnestly for my children and their salvation.  Here is a blast from the past picture of Jonathan who will be 18 next month!  Goodness he is such a cutie and yes, I had a thing for cows.  ;)



I am wishing... that my best friend wasn't so far away so that we could enjoy a cup of coffee and fellowship together. 

I am reading...  Sarah's Seasons: An Amish Dairy and Conversation, on my Nook.  I am enjoying it very much.  

I am hoping...  that the humidity drops off and that we can go back to the cooler temps from early last week.  I miss having my windows open and listening to the sounds outside.

I am learning...  to enjoy the little things - a game of Scrabble with my husband one night before bed, a flower (weed) that Andrew brought in and placed in a jar for me and laughter.  My husband is very witty and today he had all of us laughing so hard at a comment he made. Later when walking alone through the store I could hardly contain my smile and laughter as I recalled the incident. 

Around the house...  The kitchen and dining room really need to be swept but it is Jonathan's chore for tomorrow so I am trying to ignore all the stuff sticking to my feet when I walk through.  We need to do some serious weeding around the house too but I'm hoping for some cooler temps and for the bugs to buzz off.  :)

I am pondering... the wisdom of women who are ahead of me in certain stages of life and am very grateful for their friendship and encouragement.


A favorite blog post I am re-reading this last week... my friend Mindy's blog posts on Sourdough starter, Making Sourdough Bread, Sourdough Starter Tips, and More Fun with Sourdough Starter.

One of my favorite things...  Antiquing with my two older boys, which we are hoping to do this week.  I am looking for an old primitive looking corner shelf/cabinet similar to the one pictured below that I found online. 

 
I also like this one
 
 
 

A few plans for the rest of the week:  2 chiropractor appointments, football for the boys, a trip to the library.  Bible study with friends and a get together with a high school friend.

A peek into my day...

 
This is Sourdough Starter Saul, haha!  My husband saw the towel over the jar of sourdough starter and made me a little surprise from construction paper.  He didn't tell me but left it for me to find.  :)



This post is linked at The Simple Woman's Daybook

9 comments:

  1. Theresa...your day sounds quite blessed! You will have an 18 yr old just like me :) I tend to give chores to my boys also, and yes, I do try to ignore when they are not done the way I want them to :D.

    Thanking Our Lord that the damage was minimal in your car. Here in the mountains, deer are everywhere, and I am always a bit fearful of encountering one in my travels to town.

    m.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Maria. I have never been too nervous about traveling at dusk with deer but admit I'm a little nervous about it now. I'm just so thankful that we are all ok!

      Delete
  2. your husband sounds like he can be a lot of fun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my yes, Jennifer he is! He is very witty and quick and they are usually groaners but always make me smile.

      Delete
  3. Thank you Teri! I enjoy the daybook entries too. They are very diary like. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the daybook, Theresa! The pictures are great. I am still laughing about your sourdough jar! :) Isn't is wonderful to have a husband that makes you laugh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is wonderful!! Today Sourdough Saul will hopefully become some tasty sourdough bread. :)

      Delete
  5. Happy Anniversary, friend. What a treasure to have such a marriage...and still learning, growing, changing together...
    It's easier when you have a hubby with such a sense of humor :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lisa. I see you and Jose smiling and laughing quite often too so I know you know that joy of a witty husband too. Have a wonderful day!

      Delete