Monday, July 22, 2013

Daybook



FOR TODAY ~ Sunday evening, July 22, 2013

 Outside my window...  It is overcast with a slight breeze and a bit humid.  When I took the dogs out this morning it was a little wet and looks as though we had a little bit of rain but we still need more.  My grass is browning.  :(

I am hearing... The cats playing with Lizzy.  Other than that it is very quiet here  this morning.

I am thankful for...
  • my husband who took 2 boys with him in the semi this week! 
  • a quieter than normal week at home
  • Running into friends at Walmart after church on most Sundays.  We always joke that we'll see them again next week. 
  • The cardinal pair that has been visiting our feeders for the last 3 weeks or so.  They look to be young and I hope that they'll make our yard a permanent home.
  • That my friend Beckie and her family purchased some land and ordered a home and will be setting down roots in Williston, ND.  They also visited a church there that they liked. 
  • Puffs Plus tissues with lotion
Kitten Capades... Two of the kittens are still here (sigh!).  Charlotte is  super cute and equally annoying. She wants to be outside now quite often but Boo (formerly Sad Face) wants nothing to do with the big world beyond the front door.  I wish she would take an interest so that I could take them both to the farm of our nephew.





In the kitchen...  Lots of bright beautiful fruits and veggies this week!
 
I am wearing... capri's and an orange t-shirt

I am creating...  dishcloths.  I am knitting a few new ones for my kitchen.

I am going... to the chiropractor.  My knee is doing much better.  I seem to have some good days and then some days that are not so good but overall I am very pleased with how the therapy with Dr. Logan is going vs. having surgery.  I was even able to walk down the stairs normally one day this last week.  Yay!

I am thinking... that I spent more time letting dogs in and out and cats in and out this morning than I did actually having my quiet time.  We need a barn and to toss these animals outside!

I am reading...  Romans 12 is where I am reading and studying right now in my  quiet time.  I am also reading Sarah's Seasons: An Amish Dairy and Conversation, on my Nook.  I am just about finished with this book and am going to be reading Plain Wisdom when I finish the first book.

I am hoping...  for some rain.

I am learning...  to let things go.  Ten, fifteen, twenty or fifty years from now will it really matter? 

Around the house...  I currently have a box of Kleenex next to me and am dealing with some seasonal allergies.  The living room needs to be straightened up and I have lots of prep work in the kitchen to do. 

In the learning room...  Some of the curriculum that I ordered last week should be arriving and I hope to finish scheduling and making weekly plans for Christopher and Jonathan.  I still need to order Christopher's History text and Jonathan's Chemistry as well as a foreign language program.

I am pondering... relationships


A favorite blog post I read this last week... 25 Ways to Decrease Pressures in Life

One of my favorite things...  quiet early mornings before the kids wake up.
 
A few plans for the rest of the week:  Chiropractor appointments, a run to the bank, ordering the rest of our curriculum and working in the school room.  Maybe a visit with a friend.

A peek into my day...

My messy kitchen counters Saturday morning.  Throughout the day Friday I really over did it and wasn't doing very well by evening so the boys went up to get pizza and chips for supper and this was the mess I awoke too.  Grrr.

 
Ah, clean counters!! 
 
 



This post is linked at The Simple Woman's Daybook

1 comment:

  1. Hi Theresa! I'm so excited I can comment on your blog again! For quite a while, blogs with this template (there were about 7 of them), I would write something and the comment would just disappear when I hit publish. Anyway, just wanted to thank you for stopping by at my blog now and then. :-) It's always a joy to hear from you.

    I hope your knee is feeling better. It's time for me to get curriculum set up as well. Love clean counters!!

    Blessings to you friend,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete