Friday, February 24, 2012

Hats!

I've been crocheting since I was around 10 years old. My grandmother and aunt taught me but it wasn't until about 10 years ago that I really stepped out beyond a simple single and double crochet. I mostly did small blankets, called lapghans. Once I finally focused and learned how to read a pattern a whole new world of crafting opened up for me. Crocheting (and now also knitting) are hobbies that are very relaxing for me. I enjoy making and gifting my projects to others. It makes me happy to do that. :)

This winter I have been a busy little bee. Crocheting almost daily if I can. Here are a few things from the last 2 months.

This is my neice Brooklyn in her Hello Kitty Hat. She was so excited and Auntie was excited to see her eyes light up and the smile on her face.

February 2012 042

Next is an owl hat for my nephew Tyler. It was a little harder to get a good picture of Tyler because he did not want to stand still or keep the hat on.

February 2012 043

The next picture is one of a friends daughter in a Valentine's day hat. She is playing Angry Birds with my oldest son.

February 2012 003

The afghan on the back of the rocker is one that I made too, but that was last year. I've also crocheted a few Green Bay Packer hats. Two for a friends daughter (pictures soon, I hope) and another for my son Andrew who is the only Packer fan in this MN Viking household. :)

I think I've had my fill of hats for now. I've moved on to a Mile a Minute afghan but haven't yet taken any pictures of it. I also completed a prayer shawl for a young woman at our church who is currently walking through a health battle.

I'd love to hear what everyone else is working on. Next month is National Embroidery month and although I did learn how to embroider this last summer I don't enjoy it nearly as much as crocheting and knitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment