Monday, November 10, 2014

Daybook

For Today...
Monday, November 10th, 2014
 
 
Outside my window...  the morning light is beginning to break forth.  I thought I would wake to a ground covered in snow but so far there is just a dusting. 

 

 
 
 
I am thinking... that I will enjoy another cup of coffee with cream and coconut sugar while I listen to this beautiful music.  Mmm
 
 
  I am thankful...
  • for a wonderful week full of so many blessings
  • game night with my family
  • God's word
  • Sunday afternoon talks with my boys - always lots to share after fellowshipping with friends.
  • being able to have my nephew spend the weekend with us
  • that I can worship God through the creativity He's given to me
  • beautiful piano music to soothe my soul
  • for the wonderful years with our sweet Sheltie, Tess who we had to put down on Friday - very unexpectedly. 

 
{Tyler and Andrew playing legos}
 

 
{Lizzy wanted to play rummy too.  She went from lap to lap.  At one point we put her bed on a chair because she was crying so much to be part of the action.  ☺  Sleepy Jon in the background}
 

 
{Andrew showing Sammi his hand - there were two separate games going so she was helping him decide what to do.}
 

 
{Tess}


 
 I am wearing... a new white nightgown with lavender trim and flowers. 

 
 I am creating... planner pages.  Last week's theme before I started to fill in the details and then the start to this week - decorated for our first snow.


 
 
  I am enjoying...
 
 
I am wondering...  if I can get all of my Christmas shopping done before December this year.  It is a goal each year but never happens. 

 
 I am reading... through the Bible with my Good Morning Girls group.  I read Genesis 41 this morning.  I am almost finished with Aunt Jane's Hero - I probably could have finished it last night but I was so sore (knee problem) and decided to take an extra long hot soak in the tub.  By the time I crawled in between the sheets I was too tired to read. 

 
 I am hoping (trusting God)... for the salvation of some very precious loved ones and for my older children to be led by God in all areas of their lives.  For the love I have for my children to be clearly understood in even all of the little unseen things I do for them. 

 
 
 Around the house... we got the yard prepared for our big "snow event" that was supposed to happen but thus far seems to have taken a break. 

 
  In the kitchen...  We have a tradition to bake cookies on the first snowfall of the season and fill our winter snowman cookie jar.  We only use this cookie jar in the winter.  I'll have one of the boys get the cookie jar from the closet and wash it up while we make cookies. 
  

I am (still) learning… to let go and let God.  It is best to be taught by Him.  This is such an old entry but it is still so applicable.  Even this morning as I read and studied in Genesis 41 - Joseph who had been called forth from prison to interpret the Pharaoh's dream had two sons.  He named the first Mannaseh and the second Ephraim.  Mannaseh means to cause to forget and Ephraim, fruitful.  Joseph was able to "let go" of the unkindness and betrayal of his brethren and rejoice in the affliction of his current situation.  I have seen this played out in my own life.  How graciously God has healed hurts and after letting go of them He's brought His peace and joy even if still in the midst of affliction.  I also think that I have been more spiritually fruitful during those times of affliction - I've realized I really do have no control and the only right way to respond is to come before Him in total surrender and cling to Him. 


 A quote to share...  “If a tiny spark of God’s love already burns within you, do not expose it to the wind, for it may get blown out… Stay quiet with God. Do not spend your time in useless chatter… Do not give yourself to others so completely that you have nothing left for yourself.” (St. Charles Borromeo)

 
 A few plans for this week:  If we get all of the expected snow they say we are to get, I am looking forward to staying home.  As much as I am not looking forward to the cold returning I do love that feeling of winter - where you feel all tucked in.  ☺ Just the normal activities this week with a possible skating day on Wednesday.
 
 A peek into one of my days... on Friday's, in my Facebook Bible study group I put up a new Fun Friday question each week.  Sometimes they are serious... sometimes silly.  Here is this week's question.  I would LOVE to hear your answer in the comment section - I'm sure others would too!  My Scripture and answer is below.

 

Luke 7:36-39 - "Now one of the Pharisees was requesting Him to dine with him, and He entered the Pharisee's house and reclined at the table.  And there was a woman in the city who was a sinner; and when she learned that He was reclining at the table in the Pharisee's house, she brought an alabaster vial of perfume, and standing behind Him at His feet, weeping, she began to wet His feet with her tears, and kept wiping them with the hair of her head, and kissing His feet and anointing them with the perfume. Now when the Pharisee who had invited Him saw this, he said to himself, "If this man were a prophet He would know who and what sort of person this woman is who is touching Him, that she is a sinner."

This account has always touched me… The courage and vulnerability of this woman, a sinner (aren’t we all!), to enter into the Pharisee’s house to see Jesus and then cling to and weep upon His feet is so raw and pure – her need of a Savior overtook every inhibition she had.  May I be as she… pouring out my life at His feet.  Tossing out all pretenses and man made expectations and worship my King.

 
  This post is linked at The Simple Woman's blog.

12 comments:

  1. The view outside your window is wonderful. I live in a city and so the backyards are a bit small. Thanks for the peek! Your quote is also great...I put it in my quote book. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chere Mama. :) We were able to move to the country 6 years ago and it has been one of the biggest blessings for our family but there are times living in town would be very convenient. :) A quote book! Great idea!!!

      Delete
  2. Oh Theresa...what a beautifully written heartfelt post. The giving over of control to the Lord is always a work in progress. Our society pushes self sufficiency to make ourselves look good, but in God's economy it is just the opposite. Trusting Him that He might be glorified and not us!

    I love your quote today. And I'm terribly sorry about your Sheltie. That hurts.

    I trust you will stay safe and warm this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dianna, you are such an encourager and I always look forward to your comments. :) We are in layers and staying inside - so nice and cozy.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful family, wonderful life. Stay blessed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, SuperLux - God's blessing and grace to you this week as well.

      Delete
  4. Enjoyed my visit here today! Loved the quote! and you learning... is ongoing for me. :) Thanks for stopping by my blog. I have added you to my feed so I won't miss another day with you! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joyful! I have you added as well.

      Delete
  5. I have a weakness for planners. Yours looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed your blog today. Every word. =)

    Love your planner pages! I would love to make mine pretty

    ReplyDelete