Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Daybook

For Today...
Wednesday, November 5th, 2014
 
 
Outside my window...  it is dark... almost bedtime and boy oh boy am I ready for it!

 
I am hearing... Christopher and Andrew working on a snap together model at the kitchen table.


 
 
 
I am thinking... about what a wonderful week we've had.  We celebrated Andrew's 12th birthday and had a special surprise birthday tea for a friend of mine and overnight guests. 

 
{Andrew before opening gifts}

 
{My oldest two, with their dad who is an expert photo bomber}
 
 

  I am thankful...
  • for God bringing restoration to relationships
  • Birthday celebrations
  • beautiful piano music
  • for a wonderful time of celebration and fellowship on Monday and Tuesday with a lovely group of ladies.
  • For lively music filling my home
  • Late night chats with friends
  • Overnight guests
  • Seeing the heart and desire of a friends daughter to be taught and mentored
  • For this sweet entry my daughter left in our thankful journal.
  • A new to me tea flavor that Sarah brought and left for me yesterday.  Bengal Spice with cream and honey added.  Mmm
 
 
 I am wearing... a jean skirt, floral tank and a grey zip up workout sweatshirt.

 
 I am creating... journals.  A friend shared with me about her journaling - it was very inspiring.  I of course had to add my own artsy flair to it. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I'm also knitting new dishcloths for me.  Mine were getting faded and very full of holes.  Here is my favorite pattern. 
 

 
I also made Andrew a Packers fleece blanket for a birthday gift.
 

 
 
 
  I am enjoying...  this Stephen Marq cd right now. 
 
 
I am wondering...  When I'll warm up!  We've been home for over 2 hours and my fingers and toes are still cold.  Burr!  Guess I should have worn a jacket.

 
 I am reading... through the Bible with my Good Morning Girls group.  I read Genesis 35 this morning.  I am about half way through Aunt Jane's Hero
 
 
I am praying (trusting God)...
  • for the salvation of some very precious loved ones and for my older children to be led by God in all areas of their lives.
  • For a friend who is to deliver soon
  • Another friend who is in the hospital
  • For ladies in my Bible study group who've recently lost loved ones.

 
 In the learning room...  We had a day off this week and have had computer problems which delayed the boys' math for a day.  I'm debating on whether or not we should school on Saturday this week or just let it go.
 

 
 Around the house... Things are neat and in order and I aim to keep them that way.  I'm hoping to get back to my room zone chore charts.  Here are some pictures of the guest bedroom that we decorated this week.



 
 
  In the kitchen... We've had lots of sweets and treats this week - so on the marketing list for this week I'll be adding in more fruits and veggies.  After my friend Brenda mentioned they were having chili for supper I now have a craving for it.  Definitely going to make some this weekend. 

Isn't this a creative Rice Krispie treat!  A sweet 9 year old named Esther made it and brought it over for our party on Monday.

 
 

I am learning… to listen to my body and slow down.


 
 A Scripture to share...  "But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof."  Romans 13:14

 
 A few plans for this week:  Hopefully we can lay low the rest of the week after the busy excitement at the beginning of the week.  Our daughter and her boyfriend are coming on Friday for supper and to play cards so I'm looking forward to that.  :)

 
 A peek into one of my days...  A cutesy new lamp for my kitchen counter.



 
 
  This post is linked at The Simple Woman's blog

4 comments:

  1. I love photo bombs. The person doing it always looks so happy. :) Your husband sure does.

    Glad you had beautiful birthday celebrations. I'm looking forward to 3 in my own family this month (including me, ha).

    Love what you did to your journal! It makes me more apt to use one once I make it my own like that.

    Visiting from the Daybook linky. I enjoyed my visit with your, Theresa. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa ~ my photo bombing husband is always a happy jokester. :) Have fun celebrating the birthdays in your family. 3 is a lot! :)

      Delete
  2. So many things to comment on! Very interesting Daybook posts...I always enjoy reading yours.

    Love the guest room you prepared...I especially love the bedspread since I love quilting!

    Loved seeing the pics of your older children, and what a very creative journal page you made.

    And the waffle knit dishcloth pattern is definitely my favorite, too! I've made several like that....but i'm glad you posted about that pattern again. I need to make some new ones, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deb ~ :) Thank you for the sweet comment on seeing my older children, the quilt and journal pages. :) I made 3 new dishcloths this week and have started a 4th now. They work up quickly.

      Delete