Monday, March 31, 2014

End of March Daybook

FOR TODAY ~ Monday, March 31st, 2014

Simple-woman-daybook-large

Outside my window... The sun is shining and it is warmish but breezy.  Christopher and Andrew have been out playing football for about 35 minutes now.

 I'm wearing... a jean skirt and blue flannel shirt.

I am listening to... this weeks Restore podcast.

  I am thinking... about how the next 2 months will look with school and getting ready for Jonathan's graduation.  List making has begun in earnst.  :)


I am so thankful for... The Restore workshop 2014 it has been a HUGE blessing to me.

 I am learning... to be gracious and nurturing towards myself so that I can better nurture and show grace to others.  

I am pondering... how to keep things simple but intentional.

 Around the house... Lots of homekeeping chores to catch up on after weeks of sickness.

In the kitchen...  The fridge stopped working last week and thankfully can be repaired for much less than purchasing a new one.  Having to run down to the extra fridge in the basement has been a small inconvenience in that I can't readily see what we have.

 From the Learning Room... Over the next two weeks we will be studying Japan.  Andrew started a new lesson in his Apologia science book and Jonathan is just about finished with his schooling for his senior year!

I'm Creating... hard stops in my day to pray, read the Bible and spend time with my Savior.  I've set alarms on my phone that go off playing this song.  After a week and a half it is a precious call from Jesus to come sit at his feet and the instant relief that floods my spirit brings peace to me.



Last week I walked the Stations of the Cross at my childhood church.  Growing up and walking the stations was such a meaningful time for me.  It was important for me to go and spend that time meditating on Christ's love for me through his suffering and sacrifice.

One of my favorite things... Chai tea with honey and cream.  Mmmm

A few plans for the rest of the week:  Homeschool gym time, library day, Civil Air Patrol for Christopher, Weight Watchers meeting and taking 3 of our kittens to their new home on the farm.

A peek into my day...  




One of my favorite things about my kitchen and dining room... my rocking chair!  Often I'll sit here and pray, read or just sit in quiet if I'm cooking and need to keep an eye on what I'm doing.  Sometimes the boys sit and chat with me while I am working in the kitchen.  I just like that its there and inviting.


This post is linked at The Simple Woman's Daybook

1 comment:

  1. I love your little corner. Thanks for the picture. The song recommendation is awesome! Off to check out more of her music.

    ReplyDelete