Sunday, September 5, 2021

Birthday Week Daybook

 Outside my window...  A beautiful early fall day.  Yes, technically fall doesn't begin until Sept. 22 but for me, fall begins on September 1st.  The leaves on a couple of the trees in our yard are beginning to turn yellow.  The field corn and soybeans in the fields around our house will be ready for harvest soon.

I am thinking...  School planning.  We are behind schedule for school by about 3 weeks due to our family going through Covid.

I am thankful...  Another year of life.  I turned 50 years old yesterday!  I am thankful for healing/health.  Covid hit each of us a little differently.  I ended up with some pneumonia and had the longest recovery.

In the kitchen...  No cooking for me today.  It's my birthday and we went out for lunch after church.  Supper will be left overs from the week.

I am wearing...  Jean capri's and a tye-dye shirt.  Bare feet.  😄

I am creating...  I've been knitting dishcloths.  This coming weekend we have Scrap and Craft for the ladies at our church.  I am planning to bring my pictures from the last year to get them sorted and into an album.

I am going...  Shopping with my daughter later today.

I am wondering...  If I should take a nap before shopping.  

I am reading...  In Genesis and Romans in my Bible.  I am reading a book called Women Who Risk.

I am looking forward to... Lunch with my parents, sister and brother this week.

Around the house/yard...  I spent the day mowing the yard yesterday.  It took about 4 hours.  There are weeks to be pulled and some trees need to be trimmed.  I am working on new weekly home-keeping routines. 

A favorite Scripture for today...  Psalm 9:9-10

The Lord is a stronghold for the oppressed,
    a stronghold in times of trouble.
10 And those who know your name put their trust in you,
    for you, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek you.

One of my favorite things...  Seeing my grandchildren!  Since the last time I updated this blog, a third grandchild was born.  Miss Ella is 4 months old now and so sweet.



No comments:

Post a Comment