Monday, December 24, 2018

Christmas Eve Daybook

FOR TODAY ~ Monday, December 24th, 2018

❤💚 Merry Christmas from our family to yours!  ❤💚


 


Outside my window...  It's a beautiful day, sunny/partly sunny with a high temp of 27.  There are only a few patches of snow around our place after the warmer temps over the last week.  We hit 41 two days last week and upper 30's as well which resulted in a lot of snow melt.

I am thinking...  About our extended family Christmas gathering later today.

I am thankful...  For good traveling weather for the holiday weekend and to be with all of our family.

In the kitchen...  No cooking here today.  My brother is making a 30 pound roast and mashed potatoes.  Mom is making dinner rolls and scalloped corn.  Later in the day we'll have lots of snacks and Christmas cookies.

I am wearing...  A denim jean skirt, a navy snowman sweater from Christopher & Banks and an antler headband decked out with blinking Christmas lights.  😄

I am creating...  Nothing on the hook or needles right now.  I just finished a messy bun or ponytail hat for my niece and a large afghan for my sister in law.

I am going...  Home to Sleepy Eye, MN to my parent's house.

I am wondering...  If everyone will enjoy our family game time.  We are playing bingo this year.  Everyone has been collecting small white elephant type gifts from around their house to contribute to the prize bin.  My sister is also brining a new game this year called Scribble Head.

I am reading...  I have a few books going right now.  I'm re-reading The Imitation of Christ a little each night before bed on my Kindle.  In the mornings I am reading through Genesis and a book called, A Woman for God's Glory

I am looking forward to... 4 days away at my hermitage in a few weeks.

Around the house...  It's the day before Christmas... lots of boxes, bins, wrapping paper around.  😉  

A favorite Scripture for today...  "And this is the testimony; God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son."  1 John 5:11 ~ We included this scripture on our Christmas picture this year.

One of my favorite things...  Hearing my grandsons say, "Love you, Nana." 💙💙  I don't think that will ever get old.  These two little darlings have been the best thing in my life these last 3 years.  They bring so much joy to all of us.  



A few plans for the rest of the week:  No Plans!  Woo Hoo!!!  

Have a lovely Christmas week

No comments:

Post a Comment