Monday, May 18, 2015

In My Home ~ Week 2


 

** Christopher had his very first job interview last Monday.  Andrew and I brought along our school to do in the car while he was on his interview.  He has applied at a few different places in hopes of finding a summer job.  Unfortunately he did not get the job and the job search continues.

**  On Wednesday Christopher took his written permit test and passed!  I let him drive to the Dairy Queen afterwards for a celebratory Blizzard.

** We are transitioning to our summer school schedule this month.  Last week was our last 5 day week.  This week we move to 3 days a week and will continue with this schedule through the summer with a few weeks off here and there for break and vacation.  We’ll be schooling Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday with Monday and Friday’s off to extend our weekends.  We’ll continue with this schedule until sometime in August when we switch back to a full week schedule.

** I’ve completed 2 full weeks of the Protective Diet and am feeling very good.  Still no headaches, the weight is still coming off and I am well satisfied with the meals.  Visit www.protectivediet.com to learn more.

** My daughter had an ultrasound last Tuesday and our first grandchild is a _______!  We don’t know yet! {GROAN}  Samantha and Jarrett decided to have a BaBy-Q gender reveal party.  As much as I want to know now, I know they are enjoying having this little secret to themselves.  We’ll be have a BBQ potluck on the 30th with both sides of the family and friends.  On their invitation it says,  “A bun in the oven and burgers on the grill.”  Cute!

**  We went up to see Samantha on Friday.  I brought up lunch for everyone and then Scott and I went into the cities to do a quick shopping trip at Whole Foods and Trader Joe’s before coming back and picking up Samantha’s old vehicle which we purchased to either fix and sell or fix and give to Christopher.

**  My lower back has been bothering me since Friday.  I'm not sure what I did.  The only thing I can think is that it might have been from my jumping on my rebounder on Thursday.  Thankfully it is not debilitating.  If I sit for long periods it is hard to get up and sore for a bit after I'm up but after walking around for a bit it seems to improve.  I'm still able to get around and get things done except for bending so other family members have been bending to load the dishwasher for me.
 
**  On Saturday my sweetie and I had a quick date.  We went to town to look at refrigerators.  We are looking for a larger side by side.  I found one I like but we are only looking at this point.  After the appliance shopping Scott and I stopped by the Animal Humane Society.  We both loved an older red Labrador named Max.  He was the only one not barking.  Such a sweetie, didn't jump up, let you pet and touch all over his body without him minding.  He was what they called a Velcro dog.  {smile} Once you stopped petting he was there to nudge your hand back into petting him again.  We would have given him a wonderful home to live out his last few years but unfortunately it didn't work out because we have cats and a smaller dog and the staff did not think it was a good match.  Sorry, Max.
**  I stayed home from church yesterday because the chairs are uncomfortable and already a strain on my lower back.  Although I was feeling quite a bit better I didn’t want to hinder the healing that was taking place.  I worked in the kitchen prepping some of my food for the week.  I made French Onion dip, Sloppy Jerrys, Creamy Macaroni salad, burger buns and homemade yogurt. 
I hope you've had a wonderful week as well.  God bless you.
~Theresa

4 comments:

  1. I enjoyed a glimpse into your week, Theresa! I am a new reader to your lovely blog! After I saw your very sweet comment on my blog, I thought I would pop by and say hello...meeting new friends is always the greatest joy!
    Oh, how exciting that your daughter is expecting! I am sure you must be looking forward to finding out the gender at the party so you can begin buying adorable baby items:). Aren't babies such sweet blessings...?
    May you have a wonderful week further!
    In Christ,
    Kelly-Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelly-Anne, thank you for returning the visit. I've bookmarked your blog to return to as well. So fun to find new friends that encourage and inspire.

      We are very much looking forward to finding out the gender of this wee one. <3

      Blessings,
      Theresa

      Delete
  2. Lovely this blog and post ...thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete